Salmon En croute. What would you serve with it ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
We would normally have baby boiled spuds and green beans (and enjoy it).
I planned to do the same this time then thought 'there must be other things to go with it'.
What think you.

vickster

Legendary Member
Other veg? Can’t think of any that wouldn’t go except maybe cauli cheese? I wouldn’t personally have potatoes / another carb and pastry

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I wouldn‘t choose something wet with pastry either, or something with a very strong flavour with salmon, but each to their own :smile:
you never had pie, chips and gravy?? not even as a child??

what about fresh cream, custard or ice cream with Apple pie??

Last edited:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Another vote for roasted broccoli.
For more interest, toss the florets in olive oil, lemon juice, garlic (minced) and salt, then roast them for 25 mins or so until the edges are starting to catch. Once done, sprinkle with grated parmesan.

Potato wise, this Spanish potato and vinegar recipe goes with pretty much everything and is always easy and moreish:

View: https://youtu.be/823OrWTwNh4

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Another vote for roasted broccoli.
For more interest, toss the florets in olive oil, lemon juice, garlic (minced) and salt, then roast them for 25 mins or so until the edges are starting to catch. Once done, sprinkle with grated parmesan.

Potato wise, this Spanish potato and vinegar recipe goes with pretty much everything and is always easy and moreish:

View: https://youtu.be/823OrWTwNh4

Looks good but a lot of work.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Samphire, but most green veg acceptable. you could also roast some carrots whilst you have the oven on, sprinkle a few fennel seeds on before roasting.

icowden

Veteran
We would normally have baby boiled spuds and green beans (and enjoy it).
I planned to do the same this time then thought 'there must be other things to go with it'.
What think you.
I usually do parmentier or dauphinoise potatoes (well, cook up the M&S ones!). The older daughter likes sweet potato which could also work.

Top Bottom