Salt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Whenever I watch cookery programmes, the chefs always put way more salt into dishes than ever do. In fact it has taken me a long time to out any in at all in many cases.
Am I/Have I been missing out on an essential flavour enhancer?
I made some beetroot mash recently, for the firat time, which was sensational (no, really) once I'd 'seasoned' it á la celeb-chef.
Salt in food gets a bad press generally so waddya fink?

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
The biggest salter is Gary Rodes, or Salty Rhodes as we call him. FWIW I chuck loads in.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I originally started baking my own bread, due to the amount in shop bought loaves. I still put a little in a loaf. I don't put salt in anything else I cook and now many meals out or bought food taste very salty to me. You can do without it.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Because of kidney disease and resulting high blood pressure I was advised to lower my salt intake. I did but my last blood test showed I now had abnormally low sodium levels in my blood. So I was advised to take more salt. I reckon it's ''a little bit of what you fancy does you good.'' Anyhow, I've upped the salt in my porridge and it does taste better. Of course, chips demand salt and always will do. You can rationalise this by saying that it absorbs some of the fat, thereby keeping the chips crisper. But what you really mean is that they taste better.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Of course, chips demand salt and always will do
Indubitably

Top Bottom