Salvaged from the skip. What to do with the Yellow peril.

What to do with the skip find?

• Small clean up & sell (as is)

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Thorough clean up & sell (replace tyres/inner tubes/bar tape)

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Thorough clean up & keep (replace tyres/inner tubes/bar tape/anything else necessary)

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • Full strip down & rebuild, powdercoat another colour, and keep.

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Someone a few doors down from me has offered me this before throwing on the skip. From the knowledge I have (limited) of these, I have only seen a similar bike with levers on the down tube (not 105 shifters on the drops). The wheels are not original (according to previous owner).

He tells me that he rode it fairly regularly up until about 10 years ago. When he was last out on it, he rode over some fresh tarmac, which is now plastered over a significant amount of the frame. Its probably one size up from what I would use, but I did manage to put enough air in the tyres to travel a half mile around the block without suffering any significant discomfort. I now have the issue of what to do with the old girl...

Sell or keep? Potential value if selling?

IMG_3657.JPG

IMG_3658.JPG

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
That is tragic! It looks like it will be reasonable bike after a good clean and service. White spirit should do a good job of removing the tar without damaging the paint underneath but it may take some time to shift all that.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
In answer to your question "What to do with it?" I guess that depends on if you want/need/will use it. If the saddle is at the right height in the picture then I would say it isn't far from the right size, arguably spot on and certainly not too big. I don't predict you will get rich from either of the selling options....

OP
OP
flake99please

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Anyone think it would be sacrilegious to give it a different colour? Im not keen on the Yellow, if I am perfectly honest. I know that I would have no hesitation in keeping it if it were White or Blue.

Top Bottom