Same old tyre question - dilemma

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ak88

Done the search and read up about the pros and cons of the ultimate puncture resistant tyre - the Schwalbe Marathon Plus. It also comes in my size (700 x 25).

I am after them as I had a puncture this morning on my Armadillos - I actually quite like the Armadillos - but when changing the tube, I noticed the wheel (back) had a few bald spots and also a couple of spots where its worn through to the kevlar belt.

The question is how difficult is it to put on the marathon plus at the 25 size? Its my only hesistation in just going out and buying a pair.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I did not have any difficulty fitting Schwalbe Marathon Plus on my rims. I wonder if it's only a few wheels that have difficulty accepting them. Fit them well over a year ago & probably done 1500+ miles with no p******e. Did the TPT last year & C2C this year with no probs. Even if they are a bit of a sod to get on, you may not need to remove them until they are worn out ;)

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
ak88 said:
Done the search and read up about the pros and cons of the ultimate puncture resistant tyre - the Schwalbe Marathon Plus. It also comes in my size (700 x 25).

I am after them as I had a puncture this morning on my Armadillos - I actually quite like the Armadillos - but when changing the tube, I noticed the wheel (back) had a few bald spots and also a couple of spots where its worn through to the kevlar belt.

The question is how difficult is it to put on the marathon plus at the 25 size? Its my only hesistation in just going out and buying a pair.

I fitted a pair of 700 x 25 marathon plus's and to be honest found them easier than fitting a set of continental sports contacts 700 x 28

Tynan

Veteran
puncture talk is fairly meaningless I suspect, it's as much down to route, riding style, weight etc etc

one man's godsend tyre is another's useless tyre

gbb

Legendary Member
Tynan said:
puncture talk is fairly meaningless I suspect, it's as much down to route, riding style, weight etc etc

one man's godsend tyre is another's useless tyre

Well said that man ;)

Top Bottom