1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Same old tyre question - dilemma

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by ak88, 16 Jun 2008.

1. ak88

ak88 New Member

Done the search and read up about the pros and cons of the ultimate puncture resistant tyre - the Schwalbe Marathon Plus. It also comes in my size (700 x 25).

I am after them as I had a puncture this morning on my Armadillos - I actually quite like the Armadillos - but when changing the tube, I noticed the wheel (back) had a few bald spots and also a couple of spots where its worn through to the kevlar belt.

The question is how difficult is it to put on the marathon plus at the 25 size? Its my only hesistation in just going out and buying a pair.

2. Soltydog

Soltydog Guru

I did not have any difficulty fitting Schwalbe Marathon Plus on my rims. I wonder if it's only a few wheels that have difficulty accepting them. Fit them well over a year ago & probably done 1500+ miles with no p******e. Did the TPT last year & C2C this year with no probs. Even if they are a bit of a sod to get on, you may not need to remove them until they are worn out ;)

3. 4F

4F Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby

I fitted a pair of 700 x 25 marathon plus's and to be honest found them easier than fitting a set of continental sports contacts 700 x 28

4. RedBike

RedBike New Member

If your tyres that worn it bald then that why you've punctured. You'll have the same trouble with near enough any tyre.

5. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

puncture talk is fairly meaningless I suspect, it's as much down to route, riding style, weight etc etc

one man's godsend tyre is another's useless tyre

6. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

Well said that man ;)

7. punkypossum

punkypossum Donut Devil

I had an email from the guy at Schwalbe - he says the narrower the rims, the harder the M+ are to fit..

8. byegad

byegad Guru

If the original tyres were good when new, why not fit a new one of them?