Samsung Galaxy A2 problem. Any experts out there??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
A long shot I know.
MrsD and I both have the same phones, perhaps a month old.
For some reason MrsDs has stopped alerting her when a text arrives.
It alerts for Whatsapps ok.
I have been through all the obvious settings.
I have gone through both phones side by side and all the settings appear identical.
Been googling the problem but can't find anything specific to this phone.
Any advice appreciated.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Open your text messages. Three dots in top RH corner tap on Settings, then Notifications. Make sure "Show Notifications" is selected. There you can set silent or sound alert.

Alex H

Legendary Member
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Open your text messages. Three dots in top RH corner tap on Settings, then Notifications. Make sure "Show Notifications" is selected. There you can set silent or sound alert.
Yep.....it has settings > notification but no "show notificatios".
All 'boxes' ticked exactly as on my phone

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
There is a lot on the web recently about this problem, I have a galaxy tablet and have lost notifications from Gmail.

unfortunately there seems to be no cure - it looks like an update has caused it.

your phone may be fixable - some claimed to have done it here

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/No-longer-receiving-GMail-notifications/td-p/507103/

(specific to Gmail, but Whatsapp is just an app, same as Gmail :smile:)
Thats not good is it.
Strange.....we got the same phones on the same day. All seemed fine until a week ago.

stephec

Legendary Member
If you open up settings is there an option for notifications?

If you go into that you usually get a list of all your apps where you can enable them individually.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
If you open up settings is there an option for notifications?

If you go into that you usually get a list of all your apps where you can enable them individually.
Yes.....been through all of those several times. Everything seems to be set correctly.
As Alex H suggested there seem to be lots of Samsung users out there with the same problem.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Weird things, mobile phones!

Every now and then my phone forgets to flash its notification light after a text is received or a call is missed. I have to reboot it to get it to work.

The other sporadic problem is that 'swipe-to-unlock' sometimes stops working. I use that because the power switch on this type of phone (HTC One M8) has a habit of sticking down, causing problems.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
It sounds like an update problem. Samsung tend to do monthly updates. Hopefully within the next month it's sorted.

There was a whatsapp update yesterday on my phone if it's that end of things. You can report stuff to Samsung if you have the patience.

I had a really bizarre issue with another Samsung product which was sorted in two days with another update recently.

Top Bottom