San Remo - Spoiler ALERT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Kristoff again? He's still there. Eddy BH...

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Looking at the overhead, Ben Swift was totally blocked at about 250 metres to go. After all that amazing work by Thomas, he was in completely the wrong place.

beastie

Guru
Only saw the last 10 Kms, what a cracking finish! G looks in fine fettle, he must fancy RVV big style now. Swift is just not quick enough or astute enough for playing with the really fast guys. Sagan lost position in the finale but looked fast, Kristoff very strong but Degenkolb did a superb sprint.

I am surprised that some of the puncheurs didn't have a proper dig on the Poggio. Maybe the pace was too much.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
I've read on Cycling News that Luca Paolini ran out of legs so he couldn't lead out Alexander Kristoff.
Is this the same Paolini who chased down Geraint Thomas's break and got Kristoff (and the rest of the field) back in contention ?
Ride of the day IMO.
I bet the Katusha team are buying the isotonic sports drinks beer for Paolini tonight.

Great effort by Sky as well given the opportunity they were presented with but, yes, Swift isn't quite (ahem) swift enough.

Top Bottom