Sandringham Cycle together.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
We are getting very close to this year's Sandringham Cycletogether event in support of Park House - Leonard Cheshire Hotel for disabled people, which this year is on 12th June.

This is a really well run event and the feed stations are excellent (The cooks at Park House produce huge numbers of their own secret recipe flapjack - and it is extremely good!)

Routes are 20/50/100 miles - so ideal for all abilities.

If you think Norfolk is flat - the 100 miler may make you think again (not claiming that we have our own version of the Buttertubs or Honister passes, but Norfolk does roll a bit in places)

The ride starts at Sandringham which is only 10 miles from the railway station at King's Lynn and reachable via National Cycle Route 1.

More details here:

https://www.leonardcheshire.org/get...ing/cycle-together/cycle-together-sandringham

Last edited:
As the cycle takes place on open roads and is a British Cycling registered event, wearing a helmet is a requirement

Reactions: mjr

Glow worm

Legendary Member
It's a really nice ride from Lynn station to Sandringham too.
I would be interested but don't have a plastic hat. Sounds like fun though and a good cause too.

Reactions: mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It's a really nice ride from Lynn station to Sandringham too.
I would be interested but don't have a plastic hat. Sounds like fun though and a good cause too.
I'm not allowed to ride it for similar reasons, although I did ride it twice before they changed the event rules under pressure from BC (as I understand it). I think e-bikes and recumbents are also banned by the BC rules :sad: but I've not tried to confirm that since being stonewalled by BC's regional sportive manager last year.

Rather than ride-along the course again, I'm intending to ride to a pub or cafe on the course and cheer some friends past on the 100-miler :cheers:, then head back to the finish by a more direct route - it's not that much shorter but a bit less hilly and I'm hoping the participants will be tiring by then! All subject to confirmation (in case the event route changes) but it'll be about 15-20 miles each way from Sandringham, which is 9 miles each way from Lynn station or 8 from Lynnsport car park. I'd welcome other excluded riders, if anyone's interested?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I hope the weather is nicer than this week , its been blowing a gale , cold and pee ing it down .

It would have been a turbo week if i lived there and i am glad i did nt take the bike.

Top Bottom