Santa has lost his reindeer....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sillyoldman

Veteran
And I found them today as I came round a corner at a fair pace in the wilds of Essex. There were about ten of them and they flew into a panick. There were deer running to my left, to my right and crossing in front of me as I hit the brakes. It was worrying for a wee while as I thought they were going to run into me in their panick. Quite big as well, about bike size. We all came through unscathed and they bolted off over the fields.

Berties

Fast and careful!
Ive seen a couple of herds lately on my rides,stag with his antlers leading ,one herd I followed for about a mile then they spooked and came to close to call,if one hits you at full pace it would hurt !
I hit one in a 4x4 with bull bars once it flew down the road square on ,About 15 metres 4 k worth of damage to the motor and couldn't even have venison for tea

buggi

Bird Saviour
I knocked one down in my car two weeks ago. I'm still upset about it. Broke its leg and the cops had to get the gamekeeper to come and kill it. Felt terrible not least bcoz i had just slowed down for one and managed to get past it with no incident and no sooner did i start to accelerate than a massive one ran out from the other side.
you might have guessed I'm a massive animal lover so it didn't sit well with me. I don't think Karma was being nice to me, its a 50mph road and i was being really careful bcoz i know they are there but they just burst out the brush into the road, you don't stand a chance even when your doing 20mph.
i suppose it did get its revenge tho... My car was brand new. Only picked it up 4 days before. Bumper, headlight, front wing, door :sad: they are solid creatures for sure, its a shame their legs are so flimsy.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I spent quite a while sneaking up on this fella . He kept opening one eye and then closing it until I got very close and then some twat let their dog bolt towards the heard . I was out of there faster than the dog !

5339141163_e38712b28d_z.jpg

buggi

Bird Saviour
if Santa is looking for his reindeer they are on the stall at the Birmingham Christmas German market... On the burger stand :sad:

does anyone else think that's a tad inappropriate ?

Berties

Fast and careful!
A case of mistaken identity I think, or not in the UK?.

I think the ops title has mislead ,the post it's self mentions deer not reindeer ,the title leads me to consider a bit of seasonal humour,believe me I know the difference between them,a close mate did the Xmas markets for years with a team of reindeer and I regularly skin ,joint and seam deer from sikas to muntjac

OP
OP
Sillyoldman

Sillyoldman

Veteran
I think the ops title has mislead ,the post it's self mentions deer not reindeer ,the title leads me to consider a bit of seasonal humour,believe me I know the difference between them,a close mate did the Xmas markets for years with a team of reindeer and I regularly skin ,joint and seam deer from sikas to muntjac

Correct, in addition non of them had a red nose!

Top Bottom