Santa is isolating.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Satan not welcome in our house. Mrs D and I both decided the pressies are a pointless as anything we want or need we just buy anyway, and were not going to buy shizzle just for the sake of it. So instead of opening presents we get an extra 15 minutes in bed :okay:

Lozz360

Veteran
Satan not welcome in our house. Mrs D and I both decided the pressies are a pointless as anything we want or need we just buy anyway, and were not going to buy shizzle just for the sake of it. So instead of opening presents we get an extra 15 minutes in bed :okay:
Satan is not welcome in my house either.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Don't bother with Christmas or birthday presents.
We treat ourselves to whatever we want, whenever we want, year round.

Well, like you guys we are fortunate enough to be able to afford to buy what we want when we want it.

But... we rather like celebrating our birthdays and Xmas and that includes gifts.

We solve the conundrum of what to buy by stemming the urge to buy things if they are not urgent and 'hold them over' for a suitable occasion.

Also, we agree a list of small gifts that are themed and that we both abide with eg:

A funny present.
A lovey-dovey present.
A practical present.
A present the receiver will hate.
Etc.

All in the £1-5 range and it can be a lot of fun opening them.

Shake off that bah-humbug rollocks and get merry. 😁😁😁

winjim

Smash the cistern
Sorry things are a bit tight.

I need some new technical shoes and Mrs SD got a pair of these a couple of months back and they are very good. Nice and grippy, very light and very supportive for a shoe. She loves the speedlace system too.

Currently men's are £112.50 at OutdoorGB I do believe which is over £30 less than she paid for hers.
It's childcare costs mostly. Our youngest turns 3 in March so he should be eligible for the 30 free hours p/w which will help.

Top Bottom