Santa is isolating.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
So due to covid Santa has decided at his age and Mrs Santa,it too dangerous to go flying around the world.So what pressies will you not be getting that you wanted.Me a small bottle of Monkey Shoulder and a Lenovo 10" pad.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I was going to get some decent track wheels, but my performances recently haven't warranted anything better than the old 50mm PlanetX ones I already have.

vickster

Legendary Member
I’ve bought myself my two big Christmas presents already. Parcel force will deliver the second on Tuesday :becool:

As a family of grown ups, we stopped doing pressies a year or two back. I have bought a bottle of Lanson to share though :crazy:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I buy 'selfie' birthday and Christmas presents these days. I have my eye on these two. 🤔

I'll decide which one to buy nearer to Christmas.🧐

1637866663262.png

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/110...ery=deerstalker+hat&ref=sr_gallery-1-21&frs=1

1637866745040.png

https://www.hatsandcaps.co.uk/produ...nLMd8E3qq9aFEj9JuEhu355INZr-VsB4aApXuEALw_wcB

Last edited:

winjim

Smash the cistern
Salomon Ultra 4 GTX walking shoes.

Hawke 8x25 Monocular.

Box of Lindt chocolates.
I've got my eye on the same Salomons but I don't think my old ones are quite worn out enough to justify it. I need to wear some shoes to destruction before I get any more.

We've put a £50 limit on presents for each other this year as we're a bit skint right now. I'll admit to having breached it by buying my wife an overlocker but it's second hand so was under a ton and she's wanted one for ages. I'm expecting some fancy shaving stuff from her.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Not sure yet

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I've got my eye on the same Salomons but I don't think my old ones are quite worn out enough to justify it. I need to wear some shoes to destruction before I get any more.

We've put a £50 limit on presents for each other this year as we're a bit skint right now. I'll admit to having breached it by buying my wife an overlocker but it's second hand so was under a ton and she's wanted one for ages. I'm expecting some fancy shaving stuff from her.

Sorry things are a bit tight.

I need some new technical shoes and Mrs SD got a pair of these a couple of months back and they are very good. Nice and grippy, very light and very supportive for a shoe. She loves the speedlace system too.

Currently men's are £112.50 at OutdoorGB I do believe which is over £30 less than she paid for hers.

Salomon Ultra 4 GTX walking shoes.

Hawke 8x25 Monocular.

Box of Lindt chocolates.
Ooh! Slippy Salomons! There's something about the rubber used that makes them rather slippy in the wet. Better buying something with vibram soles ime.

On my 4th or 5th pair of ultras. Original was ultra, then three ultra 3s probably more I can't remember. Missed out the 2s as the originals lasted so long. The ultra 3s didn't last long but they fit me so well.

Tip 1 - buy from go outdoors shop. Find them in your size, Google them on your phone for the cheapest one that exactly matches with stock including delivery charges. Then get them to price match. I got my first ones for £74 when they first came out and I couldn't find in actual shops for less than £125 at the time. They messed up on the extra 10% off the matched price!

I'm thinking of getting a Nintendo switch. Complete whim. My son's had one for a year and he's addicted to Minecraft. It's a great game and there's other open world games too. Growing up playing state of the work games on a zx spectrum 48k personal computer I see these games as amazing.

Also thinking of fettling my old touring recumbent so I can hopefully tour next year in the UK or preferably Belgium again. 3 years ago in the summer was our last tour.

I’ve bought myself my two big Christmas presents already. Parcel force will deliver the second on Tuesday :becool:

As a family of grown ups, we stopped doing pressies a year or two back. I have bought a bottle of Lanson to share though :crazy:
That makes sense. Will ask around to see if everyone is comfortable. We might actually get what we want.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Ooh! Slippy Salomons! There's something about the rubber used that makes them rather slippy in the wet. Better buying something with vibram soles ime.

On my 4th or 5th pair of ultras. Original was ultra, then three ultra 3s probably more I can't remember. Missed out the 2s as the originals lasted so long. The ultra 3s didn't last long but they fit me so well.

Tip 1 - buy from go outdoors shop. Find them in your size, Google them on your phone for the cheapest one that exactly matches with stock including delivery charges. Then get them to price match. I got my first ones for £74 when they first came out and I couldn't find in actual shops for less than £125 at the time. They messed up on the extra 10% off the matched price!

Slippy?

Had a number of Salomons down the years and they have been sound.

We both scramble to G3/G3S and have never had any problems.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Don't bother with Christmas or birthday presents.
We treat ourselves to whatever we want, whenever we want, year round.

Top Bottom