1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Santander Bikes Experiment Survey - 3 minutes

Discussion in 'Research and Questionnaires' started by suveyingstudentUCL, 9 Aug 2016.

1. suveyingstudentUCL

suveyingstudentUCL New Member

Dear all,

Please, could you spare 3 minutes of your time completing a survey regarding an experiment with public bike-sharing systems (i.e., Santander Cycles)?

This is for an MSc thesis project at University College London.

http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/santandercycles

Best regards,

Mod Edit: as pointed out a few posts below, the survey is only for people who have hired a bike of this kind at least once.

Last edited by a moderator: 9 Aug 2016
  2. rugby bloke

rugby bloke Über Member

Completed. I'm a regular user of Boris Bikes (sorry, cannot get round to calling them Santander cycles !). Best of luck with your research.

3. Phaeton

Phaeton Veteran

We're sorry but you don't qualify to answer this survey. Thank you for your time.

Starchivore likes this.
  4. Profpointy

Profpointy Guru

Just to save the next person the trouble, if you have never used one, don't bother with the survey as you get bounced out with the above

5. suveyingstudentUCL

Sorry, I forgot to add that the minimum requirement is that you need to have used one of the bike-sharing schemes around the world atleast once.

Can't seem to edit my post, otherwise I'd add it to the top.

Thank you all for your responses!

Mod note: done it for you! :okay:

Last edited by a moderator: 9 Aug 2016
  6. KneesUp

KneesUp Veteran

I got that too. I guess the research isn't about finding out why people have never used them have never used them.

7. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

The first question asks whether I've hired a bike from any bike-sharing system. It's not clear whether your subsequent questions are aimed solely at Boris-bike use or include other hirers.

mjr likes this.
  8. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I've done the survey. I don't get it though. If I arrive at my destination and the rack is full I'll take the bike to the nearest rack with spaces. Incentives won't affect this behaviour.

9. suveyingstudentUCL

Thanks for your response.

The survey doesn't specify a particular city because the problem of redistribution exists in all public bike-sharing schemes. However, since I am based in London and recruiting participants only in the UK, the examples are more geared towards Santader Cycles.

Hope this helps.

10. suveyingstudentUCL

I am more than happy to have a chat about this via email or private messages on here if you would like.

11. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Thanks. I asked because if I hire a Boris Bike it's always for commuting for work. If it's another hire then it's more likely to be abroad or during leisure time and so not for commuting.

12. fimm

fimm Veteran

It is a pretty short survey.
    (Bear in mind that all these student surveys are for the student to learn about running surveys, dealing with data, presenting the results, blah. The content of the survey isn't that important.)

13. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

You probably should rephrase some of the questions to be less specific to London. Even in the UK, there are other hire schemes.

That was actually one of the better surveys posted on here recently!

Mister Paul likes this.
  14. This is the standard of research methodology for MSc students at UCL these days?

15. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Anyway, Brompton Dock are better.