Santos Tour Down Under *Spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Bike channels highlights are poor, wish sky was still covering this!
I don't. At least Bike Channel is free to air and not bundled in a subscription package with loads of trash by a right-wing publisher. Looks like I'll watch st 5 highlight from the web, though. Must be a bit embarrassing for Bike Channel to lose the queen stage.

I don't. At least Bike Channel is free to air and not bundled in a subscription package with loads of trash by a right-wing publisher. Looks like I'll watch st 5 highlight from the web, though. Must be a bit embarrassing for Bike Channel to lose the queen stage.
Is it? I thought it was part of Sky. Can't find it on Freeview.

mjr

Not on freeview tho.

Not sure if you can slag off right wing media when you watch Sky ;)
I don't watch Sky (except occasional quick looks at the free-to-air Sky News to see what they're saying until I'm too cross about them wasting my time). I just point my satellite receiver at the relevant orbital position and I can watch the Bike Channel. My receiver isn't even a freesat branded one. Hurrah for free broadcasting!

mjr

Bike Channel did eventually broadcast 30 minute highlights of stage 5 just before their replay of stage 6. They screwed up their 2h30 replay of stage 6 too, broadcasting the start two or three times with a black screen between before starting properly. Probably as a result of that, they didn't show the final podium ceremonies.

So, it's coverage of a race that didn't used to be free-to-air and well done to them for that, but they made a bit of a mess of the last couple of stages, so it's a B- overall.

Top Bottom