Saracen 531 touring bike (similar to Galaxy)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
Sadly, it has to go.... I have a new Koga Miyata tourer and with a total of 6 bikes, the number has to be reduced

Here is the link to Ebay (more pics will be added Monday, or email me)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130221885497

also see bike in action here www.crazyguyonabike.com/julian (2007 and earlier).

=================================================
Full description (as on Ebay):

A much loved and ideal first tourer. Low starting price and no reserve.

Many of the components have been changed for better/lighter kit (eg wheels, handlebars, chainset, racks, mudguards, stem, seatpost)

It is a Saracen Skyline with Reynolds 531 frame – size large 56cm from centre of bottom bracket to midpoint of join between top tube and seat stays (57cm to top of this junction and 60cm to top of seat tube as it extends beyond the top tube). I am 5’10” and inside leg about 31”.

531 frame.
Stronglight Impact 44-34-24 chainset
Shimano Sora brake/gear STI
Shimano Sora front changer
Shimano Sora rear changer
Cassette 11 to 30. Only done 80km
Chain – only done 250km
Generic cheap pedals to replace SPDs I took off
Brakes Tektro Oryx Cantilevers

ITM seatpost
Generic saddle (replaces my Brooks) – it is less uncomfy than the picture makes it appear, but most bidders will want to change.

Handlebars ITM (black)
Stem ITM (black quill to A-head converter)

Alesa Endeavour rims (black) – done 3426km
XT hubs (black) –done 3426km
Continental Top Touring 700 x 28 tyres – hardly worn – done 2352km

Rear rack
Front rack
Two bottle cages
Mudguards (black)

Total usage 6922km since Oct 2004 from new. Less and less each year as I buy more bikes! Bike can be seen in action on my tours here www.crazyguyonabike.com/julian (2007 and earlier). A few scuff marks and minor scratches that you would expect of a bike three years old but I think it is in superb condition overall

Postage of bike – I expect this to be £25 by Royal Mail parcels – UNINSURED. Any extras to be agreed, or you can collect (Winchester). The bike will be slightly stripped down and may be in two boxes (one for wheels, one for the main part of the bike). You will need to re-assemble.

Contact me if you want to come and try it for size.

Top Bottom