Saracen Eiger 26" Wheel Tourer / Commuter - £75

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ivan Ardon

It's CTW scheme time at work, and I'm getting a new commuter so my current one's up for sale.

Size is S/M. It's set up for me at 5'7" in the picture.

It's based on a Tange MTB butted tubing Saracen Eiger frame. Paintwork is OK, not immaculate, but not bashed around.

Fork is 1 1/8 threaded, but a threadless one slots straight in if you want to fit suspension. It's got a triple at the front, and a seven speed cassette (not freewheel) at the back, geared low enough to get me up Porlock Hill last autumn on tour. Shifters are indexed thumbies that can switch to friction if necessary - very little to go wrong. Mechs are Acera front, Alivio rear. No skipping or unusual behavior from the transmission. No play in the BB or hubs

I've fitted decent V brakes and servo wave brake levers, and replaced all of the cables so they work fine. There's little wear to the braking surfaces of the rims. Tyres are newish Schwalbe CX Comps (great tyres BTW), and I've fitted a new set of SKS guards 400 miles ago.

Lights, bar ends, bell and rack are included, but my Brooks saddle isn't. I'll fit a newish gel saddle so you can ride it away.

I've commuted on it, toured on it and used it as a general runaround. It's a comfy bike and does exactly what I've asked from it with no problems.

I'd like £75 collected from Exeter, or I can box it up for you to arrange collection.

https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
also listed on ctc site

Top Bottom