Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Sandwiches?

• Peices?

• Crowse?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

maybe I was wrong...

I've just read that McDonalds second biggest market,after the US, is..... France :sad::sad:

yello

...further, the sales of sandwiches is on the increase (equally pizza). Reasons cited are the changes in the work environment; more pressured so less time to eat, etc. Sad really innit?

snorri

Legendary Member
The Canadian husband of my cousin became quite alarmed when I said I did not want to go out for the day without a piece. The word has a different meaning in North America apparently.:sad:

purplepolly

yello said:
20 minute break stuffing an M&S plastic wrapped, stale cheese & pickle sandwich down your neck OR a leisurely 3 courses plus cheese, coffee and wine over 90 minutes with friends?

m&s sandwiches haven't been plastic wrapped in years, they come in a waxed cardboard/paper wrapper that folds out into a plate.

yello

purplepolly said:
m&s sandwiches haven't been plastic wrapped in years, they come in a waxed cardboard/paper wrapper that folds out into a plate.

yeah but 'plastic' takes fewer words :wacko:

Apeman

Über Member
What about a slice of fruit cake between two slices of white bread!! I have never tried that but I know a man that has!!!!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
wafflycat said:
Was he from NE Scotland? The term 'piece' can refer to anything from a biscuit, to a bit of cake, to sandwich...

"You'll be having a piece with your tea" as plate of cake is proffered..

Heard many a time on the multitudinous visits to the rellies in Aberdeenshire.

Aye, or a meringue.

Top Bottom