Sartorial elegance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
After a brief hiatus I'm about to start commuting again by bike. Previously I've used my trusty CdF, which is the new black and basically goes with anything, but now I'm going to be riding a 10 speed Peugeot mixte. So my question is, would wearing modern cycling clothing on such a vintage machine be considered infra dig, and if so, what sort of apparel should I don in order to arrive at work not only cool and comfortable but also in keeping with my mode of transport, lest the other users of the bike shed consider me somewhat inelegant?

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
Are you in London?
I am somewhat north of the Watford Gap.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'm riding one of these atm in usual cycle clothing:

s-l1600-jpg.325758.jpg

Who cares?

So you're up north and going to work. Simple, just wear you work clothes:
miner.jpg

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I was considering a flowery dress with either ribbons in my hair or a straw hat. Or maybe just something French.
I was wearing black leggings, a dress (little trees though, not flowers), and a black silk scarf today, black and white canavas flatties, cycling gloves.
The bike: an orange Pinnacled with girly panniers, garmin and cat eye light, of course.
Really should have been on my Tour de Fer, but I was scared of it being stolen in town while I was shopping.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I was wearing black leggings, a dress (little trees though, not flowers), and a black silk scarf today, black and white canavas flatties, cycling gloves.
The bike: an orange Pinnacled with girly panniers, garmin and cat eye light, of course.
Really should have been on my Tour de Fer, but I was scared of it being stolen in town while I was shopping.
Photos or it didn't happen....

Top Bottom