Sat 23rd: SE London > Ditchling > Bournemouth > Stonehenge, and back.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Lol. It is Chris, provided you followed the CC insert in your instruction sheet:

1. Check all the bits are in the box
  2. Fasten A to B to make C with 16 screws (D)*
  3. Ride 350+kms. Do not sleep.
  4. Fasten C to F using E, adding G, H, L and N, finding K and M in the box afterwards, etc...

* These should be near identical but utterly different from 14 screws (E)

Anything else is cheating.

ChrisKH

Guru
Yes, but as with any Ikea instructions you can miss step 3 and it will still look ok, right? :rofl:

I would add that I did my two sons rooms in Ikea stylee the day after I got back from Manningtee. Have you ever seen the mess it makes of a draw when you assemble it the wrong way and then try to dissassemble using bfi and then reassemble using a pint of wood glue? Not pretty.

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

No excuse to use BFI Chris... all Ikea instructions are available online. :rofl:
3574933331_d92dc25173_b.jpg

(cropped to be vaguely work safe)

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Just to get things back on track, i remember riding along that night at the back and the cable from the battery popped out and it went pitch black. I looked up and there was a sky full of stars so i stopped for a couple of minutes and looked.(i live in the centre of town hence my amazement)

I also remember jack farting.:biggrin: in my facexx(:cheers:

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

It was an amazingly clear sky on the run into Basingstoke. Reading your post, I recall being pulled to a halt. Sitting easy on the bent, head tilted back, face bathed in the light of a thousand stars, and one satellite.

iLB

Hello there
you could say jack wants to be top dog1 :biggrin:

mike e

arallsopp said:
Morning all.

Its that time again. I have a 24 hour pass card starting 0400 Saturday, and ilovebikes wants to pop to a bikeshop. Whilst Bromley (and Tonbridge) both offer good choices, we hear there's a good one in Bournemouth, so will be aimed South West.

The Mouseketeers are straight line averse, so to make it an official ride, we're considering checking off the following diversions:
  • Climb Ditchling Beacon (roughly 35km off route, and too far South)
  • Late breakfast in Brighton (Madeira Cafe, maybe 75km all in)
  • Coastal route to Bournemouth (Chichester, Fareham, Southampton, Lyndhurst, Christchurch - add another 150km West.)
  • Check out the shops and rest a little (call it 230km all in)
  • Tea with my extended family in Ringwood (30km North, but lines us up nicely for...)
  • Stonehenge (chase the failing sunlight - can we get the 300km in before it dies?)
  • ...and home (point East, ride 150km, and Bromley should pop up infront of us).

That makes the route look something like this.

Whilst the route planned, and the road cycled rarely mesh on these rides, the 2057hrs deadline for sunset at Stonehenge should keep us focussed.

So... anyone ridden these environs before? Local knowledge would be a marvellous thing, and if we get as lost as we did on the way back from Manningtree, 450kms could soon spiral into something truly stupid.

If that sounds like a good idea, let us know :biggrin:

I take it this is an annual ride and will be in the diary for this year? :smile:

Top Bottom