England : Cheshire Sat, 2nd June, 2018 - 200 km Cheshire ride (with shorter route options)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
Still looking at possibles for this. If I do it, it will only be part of the route, probably from New Mills, and heading home from Frodsham area. It really depends on Mrs C, and whether she has other plans for the day.

Freds Dad

Veteran
If I can get the day off I will do part of the ride, ideally from Piccadilly to Goostery but may meet up somewhere between these points. does anyone have a Strava link of the route as I struggle with GPX files.

If I can get the day off I will do part of the ride, ideally from Piccadilly to Goostery but may meet up somewhere between these points. does anyone have a Strava link of the route as I struggle with GPX files.
Hi @Freds Dad
It will be good if you can join us for part of the ride. I'm not registered on Strava but I'm sure @ColinJ will be able to assist you (next week after he returns from holiday) with route details outwith the GPX file.

k_green

It's a great ride, definitely recommend it! It was my first truly long ride (out almost dawn to dusk due to riding home) and I loved it! Sadly I've already got plans for next Saturday but if they fall through!
I've got last year's ride on Strava, I'll try find it and pop it up, give you something to look at until Colin's back!

Freds Dad

Veteran
Hi @Freds Dad
It will be good if you can join us for part of the ride. I'm not registered on Strava but I'm sure @ColinJ will be able to assist you (next week after he returns from holiday) with route details outwith the GPX file.

Cheers @Littgull I will find out on Tuesday if I can get the day off and if so will probably meet you at Piccadilly. Have you booked some nice weather?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
As others have said, this is an excellent ride.

What's not so excellent for me is getting to the start, so on this occasion I'm reluctantly declaring myself out.

There's also the York - Humber Bridge ride the following Saturday which I want to do.

I lack the mental fortitude of some to do both.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't do Strava. Strava does have a capability of importing GPX files but I tried it and it is faulty. My GPX file loads so you can look at the route, but the site then complains about an error and will not let you save the converted data in Strava itself. Anyway, save the GPX file to your computer then try importing it HERE to get a look at the route in more detail?

Hi @Freds Dad
Er, I'm now back! :hello:

It's a great ride, definitely recommend it! It was my first truly long ride (out almost dawn to dusk due to riding home) and I loved it! Sadly I've already got plans for next Saturday but if they fall through!
I've got last year's ride on Strava, I'll try find it and pop it up, give you something to look at until Colin's back!
The route is ALMOST the same as last year but we will skip the bit through Wilmslow and add a bit on later to compensate for that. You are welcome to use us for backup! :okay:

As others have said, this is an excellent ride.

What's not so excellent for me is getting to the start, so on this occasion I'm reluctantly declaring myself out.

There's also the York - Humber Bridge ride the following Saturday which I want to do.

I lack the mental fortitude of some to do both.
Yes, it would be a bit of a trek for you ... Having had a stressful and tiring journey back from Wales yesterday, I can understand your reservations! See you in York instead.

Still looking at possibles for this. If I do it, it will only be part of the route, probably from New Mills, and heading home from Frodsham area. It really depends on Mrs C, and whether she has other plans for the day.
Fingers crossed!

Sorry but I'm otherwise engaged for this one. It's another forum ride I'd like to do though. I hope everyone has a great time.:okay:
Thanks for the tag @Littgull

Unfortunately, I’m on holiday so won’t make it. Hope it’s a good ride for everyone.
Thanks, and we'll see you both on some future ride then!

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Sadly I am out of this amazing ride through a health issue that has been brewing for the past week. Basically I have a water infection which has resulted in me having a tube fitted to you know what for at least six weeks :eek: I may be able to get back on the bike in the next few weeks but not for a punishing 100+ miler on the fixie.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sadly I am out of this amazing ride through a health issue that has been brewing for the past week. Basically I have a water infection which has resulted in me having a tube fitted to you know what for at least six weeks :eek: I may be able to get back on the bike in the next few weeks but not for a punishing 100+ miler on the fixie.
Aaargh - BAD luck - I hope that gets sorted out ASAP! :blink:

When you are better come and join us on another ride.

Ouch! Sorry to hear that Steve. All the best for a speedy and pain free recovery and hopefully we'll see you on one of Colin's rides before the summer is out.

Top Bottom