England : Cheshire Sat, 2nd June, 2018 - 200 km Cheshire ride (with shorter route options)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
She tends to do shorter, hillier rides.
... I think that was to do with the possibility of doing the Dales ride in July.

I trust you'll be strongly advocating the good sense of the Dales ride in July to her then; close to optimal terrain for her given that it is most definitely shorter than 200+km and also considerably hillier than Cheshire ^_^ Should be near perfect if she can get there I'd have thought.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Sounds like you all had a good time anyway, despite the rain.

I need to make another one of these - so hopefully can get to the York-Humber Bridge ride.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sounds like you all had a good time anyway, despite the rain.

I need to make another one of these - so hopefully can get to the York-Humber Bridge ride.
Thanks.

I, Carrie, Guy and Littgull (for the 25% he rode) were fortunate enough to miss the rain.

I thought that you couldn't make the Humber Bridge ride? I was going to run through that thread today to check who is coming etc. but had too many other things to do. I must do it tomorrow because the ride is fast-approaching and there are arrangements to make!

I trust you'll be strongly advocating the good sense of the Dales ride in July to her then; close to optimal terrain for her given that it is most definitely shorter than 200+km and also considerably hillier than Cheshire ^_^ Should be near perfect if she can get there I'd have thought.
Oh, she doesn't need to be sold on the Dales ... She has been cycling, walking, and camping in the Dales regularly for about 40 years now and loves the area. She wouldn't have a problem getting to Ribblehead/Dent station for the ride.

GuyBoden

Guru
Another Cafe option for next year's Cheshire ride, if we're running late, is the Cheshire Ice Cream Farm that is open until 5:30pm.
https://www.theicecreamfarm.co.uk/explore/the-pantry/

Pantry-Menu-Jan-18.jpg

Cheshire Ice Cream Farm Opening times.png

Cheshire Ice Cream Farm Map.png

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Another Cafe option for next year's Cheshire ride, if we're running late, is the Cheshire Ice Cream Farm that is open until 5:30pm.
And it wouldn't be much of a detour either!

I won't give next year's route much thought until nearer the time but I am toying with doing it more in West Cheshire. I'm not sure if it would work, but maybe somehow make the Marina cafe the first stop?

Freds Dad

Veteran
And it wouldn't be much of a detour either!

I won't give next year's route much thought until nearer the time but I am toying with doing it more in West Cheshire. I'm not sure if it would work, but maybe somehow make the Marina cafe the first stop?

You could move the start to Macclesfield station and head through the Cheshire lanes to the Marina. I am of course biased towards this start point living 3 miles for the station.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

You could move the start to Macclesfield station and head through the Cheshire lanes to the Marina. I am of course biased towards this start point living 3 miles for the station.
Though further for Littgull and me to get to the start! :okay:

Maybe you could catch the train into Manchester next time and meet us at Victoria or Piccadilly?

Top Bottom