England : Cheshire Sat, 2nd June, 2018 - 200 km Cheshire ride (with shorter route options)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
I can make it between Goostrey and the Marina - where is the garden centre cafe and roughly what ETA do you have?

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I can make it between Goostrey and the Marina - where is the garden centre cafe and roughly what ETA do you have?
That's good, Pete.

The cafe is at Goostrey Home & Leisure, Goostry Lane.

Goostrey cafe location.png

There were some tables round the side which we sat at last year. I think there was a way to get the bikes round to where we were sitting. The cafe opens at 10:00 on Saturday. Our ETA is very approximate and could be delayed by punctures or train problems. We certainly will not arrive before the cafe opens and I hope that we will not be later than 10:45, ideally (say) 10:15-10:30 with an intended stop of about 30 minutes.

I'll PM you the number of my ride phone just in case. If you need to contact me before the cafe, text me.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
That was the place with some wheelbenders/Sheffield stands outside.

No problem, but the bikes did need to be locked because it was a bit of traipse through the premises to the cafe bit, and then to the outside seating area.

Worth trying the side gate which leads to the outside seating area, but something rings a bell about there being a 'no bikes in the garden' sign or similar.

Locking to the stands is probably simplest.

Freds Dad

Veteran
I did get to look at the Ford today and the water level is low, probably 2-3 inches so can be cycle through although if you do just be aware that the road surface can be slippy.
The little hill out of the Ford is quite muddy and can be slippy so please be careful.

Have a great ride everyone and I will think of you as I'm hard at work.

GuyBoden

Guru
I did get to look at the Ford today and the water level is low, probably 2-3 inches so can be cycle through although if you do just be aware that the road surface can be slippy.
The little hill out of the Ford is quite muddy and can be slippy so please be careful.

Have a great ride everyone and I will think of you as I'm hard at work.

As usual, I will be using the path and the bridge on the right side of the Swettenham ford. It's the safe option.

staffs_trip_oct_2013_017033-jpg.jpg

Ashley road is Open, I rode along it today. :okay:

The bridge at Dunham Massey park, which can be difficult to get your bike over, especially heavy bikes, has a temporary bridge that is more bike friendly.:okay:

Last edited:
Hope you all enjoy this.
I've keeping a lazy eye on this for a while, but I've come down with pleurisy and off for a CT scan next Wednesday to see why (I've got an idea - Colin) ... ho hum ... next year ...

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Hope you all enjoy this.
I've keeping a lazy eye on this for a while, but I've come down with pleurisy and off for a CT scan next Wednesday to see why (I've got an idea - Colin) ... ho hum ... next year ...
Aaargh, no .... good luck with that!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Forecast has improved even more ... Will risk short sleeves today and no arm warmers - **Gasp**!

Carrie's train is on time and I am waiting for the one that @Littgull and I are catching to leave Blackburn ...

PS Our train is running 15 minutes late so there may be a short delay in us getting to Cheshire but we can probably make up most of the time on our way out of the city.

See you soon.

GuyBoden

Guru
Forecast has improved even more ... Will risk short sleeves today and no arm warmers - **Gasp**!

Carrie's train is on time and I am waiting for the one that @Littgull and I are catching to leave Blackburn ...

PS Our train is running 15 minutes late so there may be a short delay in us getting to Cheshire but we can probably make up most of the time on our way out of the city.

See you soon.

I've been to Liverpool airport at 5am, so I'm up early and ready, the weather is cloudy and dry, no wind at all. Looking good.

See you at the Big Tree Dunham, I be there at 8:45am, just in case you are speeding along.:okay:

si_c

Guru
Left home at 7.15, 15 minutes later than I'd planned. Absolutely pissing it down on the ride into Chester, but did the 14 miles in 41 minutes.

Now sat on the train to mobberley as planned, albeit very very wet. Weather can only get better.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Pete - delayed. Just passed through Mobberley. Will get to cafe ASAP but will be a while.

Sorry to miss you Colin - I waited until 11.30 but I was still wet through and decided to go home and get dry.

Good luck with the rest of the ride - hope the rain in South Cheshire eases off.

Pete

Top Bottom