Satmap Active 10?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OS mapping is in some ways a backward step.

They are very protective in their copyright, almost to the stage where it is counter-productive.

For instance to use the OS maps I own and would like to expand means running four separate versions of MemoryMap or repeating the investment each time I want a new map. This is entirely due to the restrictions of the OS

My Garmin 705 uses ope source mapping which is enough for most applications, and gets around the problems nicely.

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
My main requirement is for off-road planning which is why I'm interested in os mapping.

I will still need the pc mapping software but I do have most of the uk on memorymap but I'm thinking the satmap will be useful when I get completely lost in the woods at night on the MTB (hapens frequently!)

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Cunobelin said:
OS mapping is in some ways a backward step.

They are very protective in their copyright, almost to the stage where it is counter-productive.

For instance to use the OS maps I own and would like to expand means running four separate versions of MemoryMap or repeating the investment each time I want a new map. This is entirely due to the restrictions of the OS

My Garmin 705 uses ope source mapping which is enough for most applications, and gets around the problems nicely.

Thankfully OS are now starting to open up and make far more data available, so expect to seen more OS data applications available soon...

Top Bottom