satnavs for the bike with "proper" display

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobg

Über Member
Just browsing yesterday and various people were wanting somthing fir the bike with a real display not just a "line" I've been asked to get one for the car but hoped to kill two birds with one stone and get a bike friendly one - hence this - retails at £180 but on special for £82 - or am I missing something vital and is it rubbish after all? I be very interested to hear what you all think http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php/631/acer-e310---special-offer

How do you attach it to the bars?
How long is its battery life?

...would be my questions...

and another thing...its a lot of fun touring without a map and just following the 'line'...it adds a real element of mystery and adventure - it keeps you on your toes :biggrin:

jashburnham

But it's just a GPS. Surely most of us are after a combined cycle computer/GPS like the Garmin 705 which covers Cadence, HR, Speed, Gradient, etc as well as navigation and the ability to upload detailed ride information to a pc/mac.

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
Kirstie said:
How do you attach it to the bars?
How long is its battery life?

...would be my questions...

and another thing...its a lot of fun touring without a map and just following the 'line'...it adds a real element of mystery and adventure - it keeps you on your toes :biggrin:

A clamp for the bars is available + the battery lasts 8 hours ( or so the reviewers say). I agree about the freedom of touring without stuff like this - but theres nothing more annoying than getting lost in a city when you're trying to find a particular place - I'm a bit tempted:smile:

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
jashburnham said:
But it's just a GPS. Surely most of us are after a combined cycle computer/GPS like the Garmin 705 which covers Cadence, HR, Speed, Gradient, etc as well as navigation and the ability to upload detailed ride information to a pc/mac.

Afraid I'm not, I'm maybe I'm out of step:smile: I just just dont want to get lost and I was temted by the £82 plus at a push I can use it in the c*r. I'm really not defending it cos I'm not up on all this stuff ( its been maps or nothing for me up to now) I just wanted to hear what you all thought

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
Blimey I've just googled the Garmin 705 - Didnt know such a thing existed but regrettably too dear for me:blush: and I'm not exacty an "advanced " cyclist I just like riding my bike .

Keith Oates

Janner
You have to ask yourself why this one is so much cheaper than the Garmin 705 when it's supposed to do a similar job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
Keith Oates said:
You have to ask yourself why this one is so much cheaper than the Garmin 705 when it's supposed to do a similar job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did then I thought "I can afford this I cant afford that":biggrin:

Top Bottom