satnavs for the bike with "proper" display

bobg

Über Member
Just browsing yesterday and various people were wanting somthing fir the bike with a real display not just a "line" I've been asked to get one for the car but hoped to kill two birds with one stone and get a bike friendly one - hence this - retails at £180 but on special for £82 - or am I missing something vital and is it rubbish after all? I be very interested to hear what you all think http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php/631/acer-e310---special-offer

How do you attach it to the bars?
How long is its battery life?

...would be my questions...

and another thing...its a lot of fun touring without a map and just following the 'line'...it adds a real element of mystery and adventure - it keeps you on your toes :biggrin:

jashburnham

But it's just a GPS. Surely most of us are after a combined cycle computer/GPS like the Garmin 705 which covers Cadence, HR, Speed, Gradient, etc as well as navigation and the ability to upload detailed ride information to a pc/mac.

OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
Kirstie said:
How do you attach it to the bars?
How long is its battery life?

...would be my questions...

and another thing...its a lot of fun touring without a map and just following the 'line'...it adds a real element of mystery and adventure - it keeps you on your toes :biggrin:
A clamp for the bars is available + the battery lasts 8 hours ( or so the reviewers say). I agree about the freedom of touring without stuff like this - but theres nothing more annoying than getting lost in a city when you're trying to find a particular place - I'm a bit tempted:smile:

OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
jashburnham said:
But it's just a GPS. Surely most of us are after a combined cycle computer/GPS like the Garmin 705 which covers Cadence, HR, Speed, Gradient, etc as well as navigation and the ability to upload detailed ride information to a pc/mac.
Afraid I'm not, I'm maybe I'm out of step:smile: I just just dont want to get lost and I was temted by the £82 plus at a push I can use it in the c*r. I'm really not defending it cos I'm not up on all this stuff ( its been maps or nothing for me up to now) I just wanted to hear what you all thought

OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
Blimey I've just googled the Garmin 705 - Didnt know such a thing existed but regrettably too dear for me:blush: and I'm not exacty an "advanced " cyclist I just like riding my bike .

Keith Oates

Janner
You have to ask yourself why this one is so much cheaper than the Garmin 705 when it's supposed to do a similar job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
Keith Oates said:
You have to ask yourself why this one is so much cheaper than the Garmin 705 when it's supposed to do a similar job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did then I thought "I can afford this I cant afford that":biggrin:

Top Bottom