• June

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • July

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • August

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've a hankering to organize a CC forum ride for the Summer and like this route.

It's based on The Fridays night ride from York to Hull via Goole and over the Humber Bridge. I've done that one a couple of times and I rode back to York each time making a 100 miles or so. It's a nice route and not particularly hard. Would be a good first century for anyone as well. I'm thinking June, July or August Planning Saturday 27 June with a 10:00 hrs start to allow people to get a train to York on the day if they wish. Anyone interested please shout up.

Last edited:

howdenbiker

I could be interested depending on date, I'm up to 50 miles and live in East Yorkshire so easy to get to start.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
It's in my diary but the chances of me really turning up are rather low I'm afraid. If I did turn up I'd probably ride from Driffield to York at crack of sparrow, join the ride at the start and leave the ride at Hull and get the train back to Driff.

jongooligan

Legendary Member
Could be interested if it was run clockwise so I could start and finish at Goole. Failing that, I could wait outside the Vikings until you come past and then stick the York - Goole bit on the end.
I could also show you the sneaky short cut across Swinefleet Common (if you don't already know it).

Venod

Eh up
Could be interested if it was run clockwise so I could start and finish at Goole. Failing that, I could wait outside the Vikings until you come past and then stick the York - Goole bit on the end.
I could also show you the sneaky short cut across Swinefleet Common (if you don't already know it).

A bit of interest in this ride, depending on what else is going on, @jongooligan I would like to know of the sneaky short cut across Swinefleet Common please, this sign took me by surprise when I was heading through Eastoft.

WR.jpg

Last edited:

jongooligan

Legendary Member
A bit of interest in this ride, depending on what else is going on, @jongooligan I would like to know of the sneaky short cut across Swinefleet Common please, this sign took me by surprise when I was heading through Eastoft.

View attachment 77263

When you ride through Swinefleet on the A161 the road is known as the King's Causeway and runs SE before swinging S through Eastoft then trending back westwards to Crowle. A more direct line can be taken from Swinefleet to Crowle by using the roads that served the old peat works. There's around 3/4 of a mile of unmade road but I ride it on 25mm tyres without any drama. I've never worked out how much shorter it is but I like going that way because there's no traffic except the odd tractor.

Venod

Eh up
When you ride through Swinefleet on the A161 the road is known as the King's Causeway and runs SE before swinging S through Eastoft then trending back westwards to Crowle. A more direct line can be taken from Swinefleet to Crowle by using the roads that served the old peat works. There's around 3/4 of a mile of unmade road but I ride it on 25mm tyres without any drama. I've never worked out how much shorter it is but I like going that way because there's no traffic except the odd tractor.

I I have looked at that route on the map & on Google Earth, I saw the off road bit & wondered how rideable it was, thanks for the info might give it a go next time I am that way.

Top Bottom