Saved by a puddle!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cannondale boy

Über Member
This morning my commute was a bit wet and dark as i left the house around 6. It was in between lights so i thought better be safe than sorry and got my lights out. I have 2 lights at the front and back.

I was only a mile away from my work and i saw a big puddle ahead of me, so of course i was going to avoid it. As i was approching the puddle i saw a car from the left, coming out of a junction and heading the same way as me. What surprised me the most is that the car kept on coming at a fair speed. I knew what was going to happen next, but there was nothing i could do. She stopped the car only missing me by a foot, i would of been over the bonnet if she kept on going. I carried down the road 20 yards or so then stopped. I asked her how the hell she didn't see me when i was clearly visable...all she kept on saying was sorry but never answered my question. ( at least she apologized )

I think the reason she didn't see me was because she was to busy concentrating on what was coming from the far right, but not what was infront of her.

This has to be one of my closest shaves i've had for a while, but probably won't be my last. ;) I am glad it rained this morning, but i normally wouldn't say that!

MER Veteran

That's scary glad you are ok.If possible I will stop if need be as my incident with an in-experienced driver (youngish driver) at Whipps Cross which I have on film.I just had a funny feeling at the time it was a dodgy situation of which it proved to be although I had already started braking before he did the dodgy manoeuvre.

Top Bottom