1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saving web pages to files

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Elmer Fudd, 29 Nov 2007.

1. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

Now I've done this before but me brains a bit (?) addled at the mo !

I want to save some web pages to folders in my documents but I cant remember how the hell I did it. I've added pages to favourites before now but a couple of months later they're no longer on line. Grrr!

Help appreciated

Should've mentioned good ole XP

2. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

If you're on vista, click on 'page' on the toolbar and pick your option.

3. sorry mate have not got a clue?

4. In Firefox you right click the mouse and select "Save Page As", I think IE is similar.

5. graham56

graham56 Veteran

to save a web page to my docs go to file, save as , at the save in box, make sure it says My Docs, then press save, the web page will be saved to my docs and then it will be available offline

6. With Firefox, there is an add on bit called 'Scrapbook' - easy to save stuff with this.

7. Slim

Slim Über Member

If it's just the image of the web page - a snapshot - then Alt-PrtScreen will put the image onto the clipboard for you to paste in the doc' of your choice.

8. barq

barq Senior Member

The best solution depends on what you want from the saved files, but I'll throw another option into the ring:

Install PDFCreator (free of charge). PDFCreator pretends to be a printer, so whatever you 'print' to it will be saved as a PDF/Adobe Acrobat file complete with all the pictures, layout and so on. Obviously you can print from most software and that includes whatever web browser you are using.

9. OP
    OP
    Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

Nice little prog that barq, cheers ! A lot easier than my old method, which is probably why I can't remember how I did it ! Plus this one doesn't save all the ads either (well, so far !)

10. Spoked Wheels

Spoked Wheels Guru

I also print to a PDF file when I find something interesting, it's a great way to keep a copy of Internet pages.

Rick