Savoury Snacks...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

...since every food thread on here is either devoted to 'good' food or cake/sweet stuff, I thought I'd start one on good ol' savoury snacks.

My fave at the mo has to be a nice bit of cheddar on oatcake with sweet chilli sauce. Excellent!

pringles and houmous!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Browsing the reduced to clear chiller in Sainsburys the other day I found a pot of houmous, and I thought "Oh good, with some celery sticks that'll make a nice healthy lunch tomorrow":smile:

Sadly, the 12 pack of mini scotch eggs also reduced ruined the health aspect....;)

OP
OP
M

Melvil

Full fat Pringles. Salted. Top side down, to get maximum tongue-salt interface.

That or pistachio nuts.

Tongue-salt interface? That sounds very technical...!

domtyler

Über Member
I haven't touched Humus since that Whistleblowers programme that showed the filthy conditions of the factory that makes it for all the supermarkets.

My favourite at the moment is Wasabi covered beans from Tesco (made by Whitworths). They are lovely.

Noodley

Could you provide details of what type of food falls within the categories "savoury" and "snack"? I would look foolish if I got it wrong.

Once I know I can contribute in my usual highly informative manner ;)

Noodley said:
Could you provide details of what type of food falls within the categories "savoury" and "snack"? I would look foolish if I got it wrong.

Once I know I can contribute in my usual highly informative manner :biggrin:

Yeah, you know the thing; invite to a crap party, loads of small plates with peanuts, crisps, poncy bits of cheese, onion and pineapple on a toothpick, veggie dips, etc. etc.
While the others are in the kitchen scoffing proper food and laughing at their guests. ;)

Top Bottom