Saw a baby elephant...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
in the Museum of Zoology in Cambridge at the weekend...

S7000093.jpg

Well, ok, it's not a baby exactly, but it's not mature anyway, based on the level of epiphyseal fusion, it's more of a teenager...

They also had a great mutant double pronged narwhal!

pzycoman

It looks a bit thin, could do with some food I think...

Melvil

It'd make a nice pet, no food needed, no mess to clear up...how much are these skeletal elephants?

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
Nice try Arch!

But it's not going to divert our attention away from the pressing matter of the day:

Did they, or did they not have a Zonkey? And if so to which species was it assigned ? And what inferences about the origins of the universe can we draw from that ?

Please tell us. Some of us have been on tender hooks all day!

You don't see an elephant from one month's end ot the next. Then two come along at once!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environme...ervation.endangeredhabitats?picture=330676434

got-to-get-fit

Arch said:
in the Museum of Zoology in Cambridge at the weekend...

S7000093.jpg

Well, ok, it's not a baby exactly, but it's not mature anyway, based on the level of epiphyseal fusion, it's more of a teenager...

They also had a great mutant double pronged narwhal!

Get thee to the Geek thread

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
That's a great Museum Arch, eh?
I was at a formal drinks party there couple of years ago where I was meant to be "networking" with the great and the good of the Dairy Industry...frankly the exhibits were waaaay too interesting to be getting any work done!

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Ooh, I want a wicker elephant!

Yeah, the 4 of us really liked it. So many interesting skellies. Including a Chillingham bull, which was interesting for me because it was much smaller than I expected, despite me having measured a load of bones at the Nat Hist a couple of years ago. It was looking rather nervously across at the Aurochs, the ancestral cattle, and about twice the size of the Chillingham!

Also liked the rearing horse skelly in the foyer, and of course, the Whale outside on the balcony!

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
laertes said:
I saw a baby elephant at Dublin Zoo in the summer. He/she had some very large relatives alongside so I refrained from making inquiries about car washing.

You'd be alright, as long as you offered enough buns. No elephant Mum wants to see her child exploited for less than a decent wage...

Top Bottom