Saying "OK Google!" in public.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I would be less worried about saying "Ok, Google!" in public than the subsequent "Please find me pictures of cute kittens wearing pink bows"! :laugh:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I would be less worried about saying "Ok, Google!" in public than the subsequent "Please find me pictures of cute kittens wearing pink bows"! :laugh:

Like this?

article-2526337-1A32665E00000578-134_634x496.jpg

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Canon the post: 3651670 said:
Many years ago there were adventure games on the Spectrum and some were more fun than others

It was mainly text .. when you got bored you would play with the responses... most simply came back with the command line, or " I did not understand", but a couple were deeper
I remember a Robin Hood one where if you typed in "Have Sex with Marian" in various forms it would come back with a romantic seduction culminating with "you then incur a painful injury as you sprain yourself against her chastity belt"

... and of course there was also the classic "Leather Goddesses of Phobos" where you could select three levels of naughtiness

The sense of humour was brilliant... and for the youngsters, this was the epitome of adventure games at the time

674_1.gif
Is that one of the lost treasures of infocom series?

The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy one was inventive, even for a fan of the books, for how it killed you.

Last edited:

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Just as daft as saying 'thanks Cortana' with a cheery smile In the advert. What DO they take us for ?...feck off cortana is the best id do.
I am the one with a windows phone, even by the standards of giving your life and rights up to the Internet, Cortana's T&C's are a sight to behold. I've not signed in to her on my smartphone

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Drago post: 3651664 said:
Anyone talking to a machine in public needs a dry slap. I've 'deliberately ditched carrying a smartphone (I've an old fashioned dumb phone for when I'm on the Search and Rescue callout Rota) and it's incredibly liberating, like giving up smoking.
& @young Ed the phone I carry about most often is a Samsung B2700. Bombproof candy bar dumb phone. It just works.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm going to try it, and see if that picture actually shows up! :okay:
Ha ha ha ... I said "Ok, Google! Please find me pictures of cute kittens wearing pink bows" and at that instant my sister rang me. I started talking to her and eventually she asked me to look something up online so I turned back to my computer screen and saw a load of pictures of cute kittens wearing pink bows - you have to be impressed by useful technology like that! :laugh:

Dan B

Disengaged member
This whole "dumbphones are more liberating" thing ... I don't get it. I don't carry a phone because I want to make/receive phone calls, I carry a phone because internet/gps/maps. Voice calls are a once-a-fortnight thing

Top Bottom