Saying "OK Google!" in public.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It is all too serious though

I can remember early SIRI where it answered anything!

Asking SIRI where should I bury my spouse.... used to have a joke answer about "What kind of place are you looking for" and a list offering reservoirs, quarries etc

Then it was discovered that someone had actually used this to get rid of a room mate!

The answer is no longer available

gbb

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3651032, member: 259"]It makes you feel a bit daft, doesn't it? :blush:[/QUOTE]

Just as daft as saying 'thanks Cortana' with a cheery smile like In the advert. What DO they take us for ?...feck off cortana is the best id do.

Drago

Legendary Member
Anyone talking to a machine in public needs a dry slap. I've 'deliberately ditched carrying a smartphone (I've an old fashioned dumb phone for when I'm on the Search and Rescue callout Rota) and it's incredibly liberating, like giving up smoking.

Many years ago there were adventure games on the Spectrum and some were more fun than others

It was mainly text .. when you got bored you would play with the responses... most simply came back with the command line, or " I did not understand", but a couple were deeper
I remember a Robin Hood one where if you typed in "Have Sex with Marian" in various forms it would come back with a romantic seduction culminating with "you then incur a painful injury as you sprain yourself against her chastity belt"

... and of course there was also the classic "Leather Goddesses of Phobos" where you could select three levels of naughtiness

The sense of humour was brilliant... and for the youngsters, this was the epitome of adventure games at the time

674_1.gif

young Ed

Veteran
[QUOTE 3651697, member: 259"]I still can't get over being able to tell my phone to play Ace of Spades by Motorhead when I get to work.
And it's much faster sending texts if you can dictate them and you don't use my one thumbed typing technique . :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
just the right index finger when i text, makes me look a bit silly being 16 and swearing at a nokia brick whilst poking it!
Cheers Ed

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
A kitten dies
Many years ago there were adventure games on the Spectrum and some were more fun than others

It was mainly text .. when you got bored you would play with the responses... most simply came back with the command line, or " I did not understand", but a couple were deeper
I remember a Robin Hood one where if you typed in "Have Sex with Marian" in various forms it would come back with a romantic seduction culminating with "you then incur a painful injury as you sprain yourself against her chastity belt"

... and of course there was also the classic "Leather Goddesses of Phobos" where you could select three levels of naughtiness

The sense of humour was brilliant... and for the youngsters, this was the epitome of adventure games at the time

674_1.gif

Plenty of text adventures out there, including the classic Colossal Cave. Just google.

Top Bottom