Scalped a car :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

firvulag

I commute from Westhill into Aberdeen's Queens Cross area. Rather than take a direct route along the new cycleway which runs from Kingswells into Aberdeen next to the main road I take a slightly longer route over the hill at Kingswells and down another cycle lane to the Lang Stracht before cutting over towards Queens Cross.

A nice car chauffer driven car (RGO) with flags on the front let me turn right into Kingswells which is about 2 miles into my journey while it continued on the more direct route into Aberdeen.

5 miles later imagine my pleasent surprise to rejoin Queens Road just before Forest Road and find myself just behind the same car - which I then overtook before turning into my work. B)

boydj

Legendary Member
Lovely feeling. It's days like this that more than make up for the days with rain and headwinds.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Its a nice feeling isnt it. I beat a van around a local way out from my works district and as I shot past the junction he was waiting at (I'd taken the longer route too) he laughed and pointed in shock

Quicker by bike. :biggrin:

grhm

Veteran
I still have fond memories of the time I overtook a car. Was an elderly gent who seemed to drive at 20mph tops - and often a lot slower. I was follwoing him for a mile and at one point he slowed so much on a slight bend I almost had to put a foot down.

Eventually he seemed to settle into his 20mph on a nice wide straight stretch. After waitnig to see if he was going to speed up, I pulled out into the other lane and sailed past (tailwind and slight downhill assist :rolleyes:). The look on his face as he looked across to see me going passed was priceless.:biggrin::ohmy::biggrin:

chrisg67

I remember overtaking a lorry that slowed down for a 30 mph speed camera - I was in the cycle lane and breezed past - I was only doing 30 (honest) :-)

Top Bottom