Scam alert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Last edited:

Baldy

Über Member
I got something similar seemingly from TV licensing, saying there was a problem with my direct debit and could I reset it with this link. I checked my account and the dd had been paid no problem. Moral of the story is always check.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I got something similar seemingly from TV licensing, saying there was a problem with my direct debit and could I reset it with this link. I checked my account and the dd had been paid no problem. Moral of the story is always check.

I had that email recently.
I haven’t had a TV licence in well over a decade and a half.
I had a scammy email from Appel about a subscription. As I am not Dutch, I ignored that too and clicked no links.

postman

Legendary Member
Just this morning i won at Argos a Dell Inspiron 16 laptop all for £3.Right.It seems they are 3 years old and no warranty.What a shame i passed on it.

newts

Veteran
I had a strange text from DHL just before Christmas, that my wine delivery was due that day (definitely hadn't ordered any), please click link to track etc......
I immediately reported it & blocked the number.
When I got home that evening there was a case in our porch from the Wine Society, including a thank you message from one of my customers (both bottles imbibed thus far have been very good🥂).

Mike_P

Guru
Gmail is quite good at identifying spam emails. Does very occasionally get it wrong and put on their something that isn't spam. Last one was a welcome to Discovery + but then it might have had a point given most programs on their.

Top Bottom