Scam email from Cycling Plus?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Is it not due to the new GDPRs? You now have to re opt in to everything?

I’ve had for many databases I’ve previously subscribed to

U

User6179

Had a few of these from various companies in the last few weeks, I wonder by opting in if you are also giving them permission to share all your data?!

U

User33236

GDPR

From May 25th companies will need your informed consent to contact you via an email address they have on file as opposed to the previous situation there you had to opt out otherwise they assumed consent.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
GDPR

From May 25th companies will need your informed consent to contact you via an email address they have on file as opposed to the previous situation there you had to opt out otherwise they assumed consent.
Hopefully the companies that we have actively subscribed to, like shopping sites, will remember.
Or there will be a lot of re-subscribing in my case!

U

User33236

Hopefully the companies that we have actively subscribed to, like shopping sites, will remember.
Or there will be a lot of re-subscribing in my case!
The American companies don’t seem to have quite got the grasp of this. It involves anyone dealing with data of an EU citizen regardless of where they are based. From what I see US companies just seem to be sending emails about updating their ToS without requiring positive confirmation of acceptance.

U

User33236

An example of US companies faileinto grasp this has just dropped into my mailbox from Tw@tter.

BC90A407-0D9D-40C4-B1AC-7319DD24DB5C.jpeg

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It may well be genuine but with the flurry of similar emails from various sites (thanks to GDPR), it's an easy cover for a phishing email to emulate and sneak through. Double check the source before clicking on any link.
Better yet - don't click on the link. Visit the site directly from your bookmarks. If it doesn't have a way to do the GDPR review without visiting from an unauthenticated emailed link, nudge the site admin.

Top Bottom