scam text

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I received a text today, mrs roadrash name is diane

cograts to our 3 clients that won the x:s
1 jim
2 noah
3 diane

please confirm
(dodgy link inserted here)

now obviously I am not going to click the link, googling the address reveals nothing.

just wondered if anyone has had similar, its a new one on me

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
It’s a dating site, something she hasn’t told you?

Levo-Lon

Guru
I got a CRC email earlier telling me my cassette was dispatched.
I use collect plus as it saves going to main post office to collect when im out.
A few moments later i got a tracking number from DHL... Scam email.

Easy to see how people get cought

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I received a text today, mrs roadrash name is diane

cograts to our 3 clients that won the x:s
1 jim
2 noah
3 diane

please confirm
(Dodgy link)

now obviously I am not going to click the link, googling the address reveals nothing.

just wondered if anyone has had similar, its a new one on me
If you don't think it's safe to click the link, why post it? :wacko:

Sharky

Guru
As above
If that's a dodgy link, better unlink it or put some spaces into the text to make it invalid, before somebody clicks on it and blows up the interweb thingy.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
The taxman keeps wanting to give me a refund too and I have been selected for a special prize by Amazon , Asda and Morrison too. Shame I never claim any of them.

Venod

Eh up
We received a new phone call one the other day, the caller with a heavy accent, said,

" You are still paying £7.00 a month for TV maintenence, ( we aren't and never have) we can reduce it to £5.00 a month" I said thats very good of you, she said " I will post the paperwork out to your address" she gave our correct address and said " is that correct" I said no thats not my address, she seemed confused with this and said sorry and hung up.

Now was this a scam or not, if so its a very bad one.

D

Deleted member 26715

We received a new phone call one the other day, the caller with a heavy accent, said,

" You are still paying £7.00 a month for TV maintenence, ( we aren't and never have) we can reduce it to £5.00 a month" I said thats very good of you, she said " I will post the paperwork out to your address" she gave our correct address and said " is that correct" I said no thats not my address, she seemed confused with this and said sorry and hung up.

Now was this a scam or not, if so its a very bad one.
Yes because most people will say yes thinking they must know who you are as they have your address, if they are clever they have also checked the electoral roll so they know your name

classic33

Leg End Member
Yes because most people will say yes thinking they must know who you are as they have your address, if they are clever they have also checked the electoral roll so they know your name
Not everyone appears on either version of the electoral roll though.

Top Bottom