Scantily dressed girls ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
You can get a drink, in a nightclub for a quid? Where?

In Wales - 4 drinks for £1

I was never concerned about the cost of the cloakroom, it was the queue that annoyed me. It could take half an hour to get your coat back.

You could of course take a coat to wear and keep yourself warm in the queue to collect your coat?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
A few yeas ago the semi-naked body of a young woman was found on open ground just outside Durham City.

A sexual assault looked likely, but it turned out she had died of hypothermia.

It is known for someone suffering at the onset of hypothermia to take off their clothes, which is what she had done.

The night was not that cold, so it seems to me hypothermia can happen when you might not expect it.

A serviceman who had done some cold weather survival training told me undressing is one of the things they are told to look out for in other members of the group.

it is because the body vaso-constricts the extremities to bringthe blood back to the core of the body and maintain the heat in the essential organs

In late hypothermia the body begins to closed own, the muscular tension required to maintain this vaso-constriction relaxes, causing a rush to the extremities which is perceived as a "hot flush"

This makes the victim feel too hot and in their confusion they undress to cool down

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
it is because the body vaso-constricts the extremities to bringthe blood back to the core of the body and maintain the heat in the essential organs

In late hypothermia the body begins to closed own, the muscular tension required to maintain this vaso-constriction relaxes, causing a rush to the extremities which is perceived as a "hot flush"

This makes the victim feel too hot and in their confusion they undress to cool down

Without knowing stuff like this, it took some believing to think someone could drop dead in what is a small common area between two housing estates.

The poor lass fell about 50 yards from a bus stop.

You tend to think people die of hypothermia up mountains or on remote moorland.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My wife realised that I'd reached that 'certain age' when one winter's night driving through Leeds City centre populated with scantily dressed young ladies and I exclaimed; "What would their dads say if they could seen them dressed like that?"

I realised that I'd thrown her off the scent when she laughed and said "Your age has finally caught up with you."
Ha ha - I experienced it for real!

I am not being judgemental here, trying to insult anyone nor trying to divert the thread - it is intended to illustrate how easily these issues develop into something serious

Hypothermia is insidious and the opportunities to intervene and save lives are often missed

Alcohol (and some recreational drugs) are vaso-dilators, opening the peripheral circulation and cooling the body, making the individual more susceptible to hypothermia....... now think of an individual with the following symptoms after a night out on the booze:

• Clumsiness or lack of coordination.
  • Slurred speech or mumbling.
  • Confusion and poor decision-making
  • Drowsiness or very low energy.
Now be honest and ask yourself how many of these would YOU put down to the booze and allow your friend to make their way home on their own?

Especially when your own decision making process is impaired by the alcohol you have drunk

Ganymede

Veteran
Without knowing stuff like this, it took some believing to think someone could drop dead in what is a small common area between two housing estates.

The poor lass fell about 50 yards from a bus stop.

You tend to think people die of hypothermia up mountains or on remote moorland.
The lad I mentioned earlier is thought to have just lain down - he too only had a hundred or so yards to go. Tired, drunk, possibly having popped a pill or two, freezing cold and disorientated. And alone, so there was no one to drag him to his feet :sad:

Top Bottom