Scarborough

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by zimzum42, 10 May 2010.

1. zimzum42

zimzum42 Legendary Member

What do people in Scarborough do????

As far as I can see so far it's just scrotes and pensioners. Other than going for walks, bike rides and driving around, I can't see that there's much to do, and God only knows where one might meet new faces...

Friday and Saturday nights are just crap pubs and clubs with very drunk people.

What does one do????

2. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

It's not just Scarborough, it's any British coastal town. If you think Scarborough is bad come over and have a look at Blackpool, it was once a town that derived profit from the mass conversion of beer into urine on a biblical scale, as evidenced by the prodigious size of its magnificent Victorian public toilets. It is now a filthy rotting shell of a one-proud resort scraping by on dirty weekends, run by Kurds and occupied by desperate SS dossers.

3. OP
    OP
    zimzum42

Seems to fit the pattern!

Is amazing that with of a population of 50,000 there can be so few things to do...

It's almost enough to make me want to go back to London!

4. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

I'm very fond of Brighton but I don't do city centre pubs and clubs at the weekend.

5. 4F

4F Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby

Must be a Northern thing Rich, no problem with Felixstowe either ;)

6. HelenD123

HelenD123 Veteran

How have you ended up in Scarborough? There's some great cycling and walking on your doorstep at least. Anything on at the Stephen Joseph theatre?

7. 'Fair' comment Zim?

As far as I know there is some sort of herb repository there, with some bird who loved Simon and Garfunkel one time...:biggrin:

;)

8. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

There will always be something to do in a place with a harbour.;)

9. Alan Whicker

Alan Whicker Senior Member

I love Scarborough, honestly.

Eastborough does seem to be full of erm, 'earthy' types these days - it was rolling with drunks at lunchtime when I was there a few weeks back - at 1 in the afternoon.

10. OP
    OP
    zimzum42

Try Skinningrove! I love it though!

11. theclaud

theclaud It's teeceegawnmaaaad

Surf? Pedal up to Whitby for kippers? Walk to Robin Hood's bay for a pint? Go fishing? There'll be a couple of decent things on at the jazz festival in September ;).

12. I go there every February on a writing retreat with people from work. It's a highly entertaining place! We stay in one of the grand hotels, full of cotton top coach tourists and cheesy ballroom dancing as entertainment. And then there's loads of cafs you can visit, the beach is nice to walk along. It's OK.

I think I'd go insane if I lived there though.

13. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

Must admit that I found the Tower ballroom suite at Blackpool Tower quite magnificent. Stunning, sublime, it was just a pity the teatime dancers were so carp.

14. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Are you a mid-week swinger, then, Rich? ;)

15. BearPear

BearPear Über Member

Scarborough is like Monte Carlo compared to Bridlington!! It's bloomin' awful.

There are lots of fantastice east coast seaside towns, Robin Hoods Bay, Whitby, Sandsend, Runswick Bay etc.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice