Scarborough

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
What do people in Scarborough do????

As far as I can see so far it's just scrotes and pensioners. Other than going for walks, bike rides and driving around, I can't see that there's much to do, and God only knows where one might meet new faces...

Friday and Saturday nights are just crap pubs and clubs with very drunk people.

What does one do????

Globalti

Legendary Member
It's not just Scarborough, it's any British coastal town. If you think Scarborough is bad come over and have a look at Blackpool, it was once a town that derived profit from the mass conversion of beer into urine on a biblical scale, as evidenced by the prodigious size of its magnificent Victorian public toilets. It is now a filthy rotting shell of a one-proud resort scraping by on dirty weekends, run by Kurds and occupied by desperate SS dossers.

OP
OP
Z

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Seems to fit the pattern!

Is amazing that with of a population of 50,000 there can be so few things to do...

It's almost enough to make me want to go back to London!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
rich p said:
I'm very fond of Brighton but I don't do city centre pubs and clubs at the weekend.

Must be a Northern thing Rich, no problem with Felixstowe either ;)

HelenD123

Guru
zimzum42 said:

Is amazing that with of a population of 50,000 there can be so few things to do...

How have you ended up in Scarborough? There's some great cycling and walking on your doorstep at least. Anything on at the Stephen Joseph theatre?

zimzum42 said:

'Fair' comment Zim?

As far as I know there is some sort of herb repository there, with some bird who loved Simon and Garfunkel one time...:biggrin:

;)

Alan Whicker

I love Scarborough, honestly.

Eastborough does seem to be full of erm, 'earthy' types these days - it was rolling with drunks at lunchtime when I was there a few weeks back - at 1 in the afternoon.

OP
OP
Z

zimzum42

Legendary Member
User1314 said:
Unlucky. I went there once in 98.

Worst place I've been to in the UK.

And I've been to Worskop, Mansfield, Kirkaldy, Newport (Gwent), Barking and Tilbury.
Try Skinningrove! I love it though!

theclaud

Openly Marxist
zimzum42 said:
What do people in Scarborough do????

Surf? Pedal up to Whitby for kippers? Walk to Robin Hood's bay for a pint? Go fishing? There'll be a couple of decent things on at the jazz festival in September ;).

I go there every February on a writing retreat with people from work. It's a highly entertaining place! We stay in one of the grand hotels, full of cotton top coach tourists and cheesy ballroom dancing as entertainment. And then there's loads of cafs you can visit, the beach is nice to walk along. It's OK.

I think I'd go insane if I lived there though.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Must admit that I found the Tower ballroom suite at Blackpool Tower quite magnificent. Stunning, sublime, it was just a pity the teatime dancers were so carp.

BearPear

Veteran
Scarborough is like Monte Carlo compared to Bridlington!! It's bloomin' awful.

There are lots of fantastice east coast seaside towns, Robin Hoods Bay, Whitby, Sandsend, Runswick Bay etc.

Top Bottom