Scenic Forest of Bowland forum ride,108 km (67 miles) from Waddington, Sat 21st August 2021.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sorry Colin. In Cambridge for the Friday Night Ride, anyway not got the legs for Bowland. :wacko:
Enjoy the ride. I'll see you another time!

For anyone thinking that a FoB ride will be too much for their legs though... This at the easier end of the FoB range. Some Bowland routes can be brutally hard but this isn't one of them.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I'd do that but we're back to entertaining minor football teams at our cathedral of magnificence and we're hosting little Burnley that day.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I'd do that but we're back to entertaining minor football teams at our cathedral of magnificence and we're hosting little Burnley that day.
That's a pity - it looks like being a disappointingly low turnout!

Watch out though just in case bad weather causes a postponement. I can put up with a few showers here and there but I wouldn't do this ride in heavy rain.

colly

Re member eR
I thought that you would all be chomping at the bit for scenic forum rides like this one after so many months of Covid-enforced restrictions...! :whistle:

Autumn (then winter :cold:) will be with us almost before you can blink. We have booked a nice sunny day for this ride, so why not join us and make the most of what summer we have left?
@ColinJ So who is coming along ?

I can probably be there but not until August 2022:ohmy:....

It's right next to my wife's aunts house:rolleyes: always looking for nice routes around there when i'm over and i don't know the area that well, always seem to keep stopping at that nice cafe at Dunsop Bridge:laugh:

Colin can i copy your route and use it next time i'm over, i'll report back, honest^_^

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Colin can i copy your route and use it next time i'm over, i'll report back, honest^_^
Be my guest!

There are lots of fantastic routes in that area. Give me a shout if you want company and I will organise a ride to show you round.

Be my guest!

There are lots of fantastic routes in that area. Give me a shout if you want company and I will organise a ride to show you round.

That's a deal:okay:

Plan to be back in blighty Aug next year (fingers crossed) and we often stay at said aunts house next to Dolphinholme and i always get lost around there:laugh: Love that climb over the Trough though, great roads and amazing scenery :wub:

Fingers crossed you boys and girls get some nice weather.

PS I'll bring some Toblerone :tongue:

gbs

Guru
One wet day in May I rode from Leigh, Slaidburn, Wray, Kirkby Lonsdale. My appetite for FoB is whetted but I have family commitments on yr chosen day. If you re-run something silmilar pl alert me. Proximity to train and overnight accommodation are important to me.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

One wet day in May I rode from Leigh, Slaidburn, Wray, Kirkby Lonsdale. My appetite for FoB is whetted but I have family commitments on yr chosen day. If you re-run something silmilar pl alert me.
There is always the chance that the ride might get delayed. It happened a few years ago when I saw the weather forecast. This is a lightning map of when we would have been up on the fells on the original date...

:eek::laugh:

I'll try to remember to tag you for future FoB rides.

If you ever fancy a holiday up there, @MontyVeda's sister has some very nice-looking holiday accommodation HERE! (It's a very big cottage though so you'd want to part of a large group staying there.)

Proximity to train and overnight accommodation are important to me.
There are hourly trains from Manchester Victoria via Blackburn to Whalley and Clitheroe, just down the road from Waddington, where this ride is starting and finishing. I'll probably be arriving on one of those trains for this ride because I don't fancy extending it to 100+ miles by riding from home.

Top Bottom