Schadenfreude...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Riding out of Epsom tonight on the A24, minding my own business, probably moving at 15mph+ so not exactly holding up rush hour traffic, I hear a car coming up behind me as I approach one of the many bollard islandy things. This road is pretty vile and potholey so I move out into a slightly stronger secondary to go through the pinch point...car not slowing, glance over shoulder and he is trying to overtake through the pinch point, big bang as my friend hits the island, then rattle rattle, evidently having had a blow out and knackered the wheel

Is it wrong to think...serves you bl**dy right, maybe you'll be more careful in future when trying to overtake cyclists when you don't have room

:scratch:

Picture0003.jpg

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
If they are such a crappy driver that they have managed to hit one of the bollard island things, which are usually lit up, you should be thankful that the numpty driver didn't hit you!

No, it's not wrong:thumbsup:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Cheers . I was lit up like a Christmas tree with lights and a high viz jacket so he can't not have seen me!

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Oh my, it's probably for the best that the roads do without him for a few days.

pumpadave

pmsl as a car driver and cyclist I always give a wide birth and slowing down through traffic islands, so serves the Prat right!!!

RedRider

Pulling through
Riding out of Epsom tonight on the A24, minding my own business, probably moving at 15mph+ so not exactly holding up rush hour traffic, I hear a car coming up behind me as I approach one of the many bollard islandy things. This road is pretty vile and potholey so I move out into a slightly stronger secondary to go through the pinch point...car not slowing, glance over shoulder and he is trying to overtake through the pinch point, big bang as my friend hits the island, then rattle rattle, evidently having had a blow out and knackered the wheel

Is it wrong to think...serves you bl**dy right, maybe you'll be more careful in future when trying to overtake cyclists when you don't have room

:scratch:
This happened to a car overtaking me once. Denmark Hill. I recall a shiver of pleasure amongst the adrenaline.

Top Bottom