Schwalbe Blizzard tyres for a tenner...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

looe

They are not even worth £1............I bought them in the spring and it is just like cycling in chewing gum. They are very slow

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
serious? they cant be that bad, can they?
maybe your brake blocks were stuck.

Holdsworth

Über Member
They have been perfectly adequate on my road bike since last winter, only 2 punctures (1 pinch and one flint) in that time and there is no sensation of being held back.The tyres roll quite well when pumped up to 100-110 psi and the wheel centred in the dropouts with the brakes set correctly, fairly grippy too. I have found that they are a perfectly acceptable budget tyre.

Also £6.50 at Spa Cycles (delivery £3), or Blizzard Kevlar for £9.50. I've been using the latter for most of the year and not had any problems with them, though can't really compare them to other tyres as they're the only road bike tyres I've used (others having been 32mm+ hybrid types).

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
They have been perfectly adequate on my road bike since last winter, only 2 punctures (1 pinch and one flint) in that time and there is no sensation of being held back.The tyres roll quite well when pumped up to 100-110 psi and the wheel centred in the dropouts with the brakes set correctly, fairly grippy too. I have found that they are a perfectly acceptable budget tyre.

I hope so as i have just bought some .The contis i took off were useless in the wet .

Judderz

I hope so as i have just bought some .The contis i took off were useless in the wet .

I had Conti Ultras and swapped to Schwalbe Blizzards...just completely different rolling wise, and there is a notable difference, (refer to 2nd post as like riding on chewing gum) so I swapped back to my Conti's, which I find perfrom well in all weathers (not tried winter weather yet, as only put them on in April)

cyberknight

I had Conti Ultras and swapped to Schwalbe Blizzards...just completely different rolling wise, and there is a notable difference, (refer to 2nd post as like riding on chewing gum) so I swapped back to my Conti's, which I find perfrom well in all weathers (not tried winter weather yet, as only put them on in April)

Have to see how they feel at the weekend, the contis just felt unsafe as i was wheel spinning the back wheel on hills and the corners the term over-steer comes to mind as i did not have enough grip to turn on my last trip out on wet roads.

cyberknight

Used mine today and after 25 miles my legs were dead, i just dropped off the back of the group and turned for home .Whether its the tyre or me i am not sure but i am normally good for double that at the pace they go before i need to ease back.I will swap to some other tyres i have in stock.

The choice is between some gator skins, used rubionos pros or sticking the ultra sports back on ?

brockers

Used mine today and after 25 miles my legs were dead, i just dropped off the back of the group and turned for home .Whether its the tyre or me i am not sure but i am normally good for double that at the pace they go before i need to ease back.

same thing happened to me. Wanted to go out for 60 miles but turned back for home after 15 as I felt dead. OK, so there was a strong headwind on the way out, but still...This always happens at this time of year. It's like someone's removed half the oxygen from the air.

Top Bottom