Schwin or other women’s hybrid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve10

Hi,

Would anyone know where I can find a Schwinn dealer in the UK?

I’m thinking about a women’s Schinn Siro Hybrid 700 for my wife.

It’s to meet the brief of mostly country lanes and forest tracks; very leisurely.

Alternatives welcomed. I don’t think my Thule carriers will be too keen on the boxy Trek frame.

Needs to have front suspension and disc brakes - mech or probably hydraulic.

vickster

Legendary Member
Do you have a link to the one you're considering, so can see look and spec?
Assume you've looked at Schwinn site for dealer list (though is a US brand, never seen here)

Evans have a couple on their site, no suspension tho
https://www.evanscycles.com/bikes/hybrid-bikes_c/schwinn-brand

What bikes has your wife looked at and tried out, she should be choosing even if you're paying ;)

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I shouldn't get too hung up on this Schwinn model, there's nothing very special about it and there are plenty of alternatives in the marketplace for that price. Take a look around.

Yourselves... :smile:

Good point. :laugh:

I should think before I ink. :blush:

OP
OP
S

Steve10

Many thanks for all the replies.

It was this one.
https://hybridbikereviewed.com/schwinn-womens-siro-hybrid-bicycle/

Easy riding position & step through are the main things really. She has a trek nico, but the handle bars are too narrow and are on stem height extensions and the breakers are done. It’s on 700c x 32s continental mountain kings. Needs to be mech or hydraulic brakes as the calipers just get clogged with mud.

Budget? Probably up to say £1300.

I was thinking I might need to get one at circa £600 to 900 and put tyres on that are kind of mtb without being tractor tyres. All stock hybrids seem too road oriented and mtbs are in no way an easy riding position.

I might even get nominally shorter pedal cranks for her per mtb so that combined with bigger tyres gives a nominal amount more clearance for forest tracks.

I’ll look up all the above suggestions.

OP
OP
S

Steve10

I was thinking that riser / cruiser handle bars could be a solution to making anything a more upright stance.

vickster

Legendary Member
Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Steve10

That whyte bike and the approach of hybrid with mtb genes sounds ideal.

Probably still need riser/cruiser bars / or simply a long stem solution.

I’ll call them.

Top Bottom