Scirocco or Zonda rims?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
Scirocco or Zonda rims?

Will Zonda be worth the extra money & knock enough time off up hills??

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I don't know how they'll fare on hills, but they fly on the flat!

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I was looking at Fulcrum Racing 3's but the Zondas were similarly specified and over a hundred pounds cheaper, so went with them.

e-rider

crappy member
Fulcrum 3s and Zonda's are indeed very similar as are Fulcrum Racing Quattro's and Sciroccos.
Both are made by the same company but they appear to price their Fulcrums higher than Campagnolo's for some reason.

As for the OP, if you have the spare cash burning a hole then get the Zondas - better wheels and you should notice the difference.

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
I went from racing 5s to zondas, but two different bikes, so can't compare too much. But the zondas feel great to me. I also moved to gp4000s contis at the same time, so that's probably half the difference, too.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I went from racing 5s to zondas, but two different bikes, so can't compare too much. But the zondas feel great to me. I also moved to gp4000s contis at the same time, so that's probably half the difference, too.

I did the same, went from Racing5's with folding 700x23 gatorskins to Zonda with 700x23 GP4000s's. The difference is instantly noticeable. I've gone back to riding my winter bike as I was having too much of an easy time with the plastic bike and the Zondas! :surrender:

Top Bottom