Scotland at Easter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hubbike

psmiffy said:
Kyle to Kyle via Uist, lewis and Harris is a nice ride for a long weekend - but care is needed with ferries as it can become a very long weekend as I discovered

I'd be interested to do something like this but I don't think that the Mallaig to Uist ferry runs anymore. What would be a better way around? I guess you could start at Oban but then getting back again might put it out of the reach of a weekend.

Or do I have to bite the bullet and take time off work for a good length tour of the western isles??

Hubbike - Uig to Lochmaddy or Tarbet if you fancy shortening the trip

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I hardly dare say this after everyone's support but we're going to be sticking with the Dales. Lack of organising time available etc. Thank you all, however - loads of ideas for a Scottish tour now.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I suppose I always think of Arran as a weekends cycling, as it was the first cycle tour I ever did. Thinking about it I have done longer day rides, but there is something about pootling along round an island which is highly enjoy able and not to be rushed... a bit like the ice cream from the shop in Catacol. :becool:

Top Bottom