"Scotland Cares" campaign - Volunteers sought to assist during Covid-19

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
In parallel with NHS England's call for volunteers, the Scottish Government has today launced an appeal for volunteers to help during the pandemic.
I've signed up at readyscotland.org/coronavirus/

Below is a cut & paste from the BBC article:

"A new ‘Scotland Cares’ campaign has been launched to encourage people to volunteer during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.

1. To volunteer in your community, sign up here: reserves.redcross.org.uk
  2. To support other charities and groups operating in your community, register here: search.volunteerscotland.net/coronavirus/
  3. To return to the NHS or social care, apply here: careers.nhs.scot/coronavirus-co…
  4. If you are running a business and would like to offer help, here’s the email address: covid19response@gov.scot
It’s all pulled together here: readyscotland.org/coronavirus/ "

OldShep

Über Member
Down here in D&G they had 800 by the 26th. More than enough and will appeal again when they run out of reserves.

pawl

Legendary Member
In parallel with NHS England's call for volunteers, the Scottish Government has today launced an appeal for volunteers to help during the pandemic.

"A new ‘Scotland Cares’ campaign has been launched to encourage people to volunteer during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.

2. To support other charities and groups operating in your community, register here: search.volunteerscotland.net/coronavirus/
  3. To return to the NHS or social care, apply here: careers.nhs.scot/coronavirus-co…
  4. If you are running a business and would like to offer help, here’s the email address: covid19response@gov.scot

Well done.

Slick

Guru

I'm sorely tempted and have volunteered with my local community group to help any vulnerable people close to home but I'm still currently working from home but if I'm honest, I would far rather be doing something really useful should it be required. My work is now looking for volunteers to go on the job retention scheme but don't think it's an option for me just yet. As far as I can tell, there is no great requirement just yet anyway.

Top Bottom