Scotland - Corrour to Rannoch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lone Rider

Has anybody cycled beside the railway line from Corrour station to Rannoch station? It's about 8 miles. I seem to remember reading somewhere that it could be done, but I'm not sure. I would be doing this as part of a tour round Scotland. Where can I find a GPS track for this route?

ASC1951

Guru
I've done it, years ago, from Rannoch station. A good track all the way, with a big signpost, although you won't be able to do it on any sort of road bike.

GPS track? What's wrong with an OS map?

OP
OP
Lone Rider

Lone Rider

Thanks for the reply ASC1951. I'll be on a trekking bike with reasonably wide tyres, so I won't have any problems with the track.

I was asking for the GPS info as I enjoy using it. All of Europe mapped into one small plastic box that tells me exactly where I am... It's also waterproof.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Lone Rider said:
Has anybody cycled beside the railway line from Corrour station to Rannoch station? It's about 8 miles. I seem to remember reading somewhere that it could be done, but I'm not sure. I would be doing this as part of a tour round Scotland. Where can I find a GPS track for this route?

Why not make your own, just any mapping site based on google maps (i.e. something like bikemap.net) draw the route you want, then use GMapToGPX to create the GPX file to up load to you gps, hope that is useful.

Top Bottom