Scotland in June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I once had to pitch a tent in the great glen and ended up just laying the tent on the ground and climbing into it such was the ferocity of the attack upon me :surrender:
yep Bettyhill was like that last September. Tis the only time in my life (I'm a scot) that I have resorted to a head net, full waterproofs and gloves... not an inch of skin was exposed and it was still hell!

OP
OP
berty bassett

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I understand that unfiltered beer has a good level of vit b if you would prefer that! Otherise try something like BioCare Vitasorb B which is Vit B in liquid form and very effective and easily absorbed into the body. Just add to the beer/orange juice and midge shouldn't like you too much unless you are at Bettyhill campsite... Avoid the campsite at Bettyhill at all costs. That was where that photo was taken (we attempted JOGLE last September but due to an ankle injury had to abort).
Should you find yourself in need to shelter around Warrington - Northwich area, we live just off the A49 and are on Warmshowers.org which is worth looking at and signing up to if you can plan and keep to a schedule. We can't so don't often use it. The campsite at JOG was excellent when we were there in Sept - out of school holiday season but I can imaging it would be very busy otherwise.
What route were you planning? We did the north coast around to Durness (also an excellent campsite with cooking facilities and a superbly stocks spar shop) and then round and down to Ullapool... plans changed at that point because of the weather.... (seriously wet with the first storm on the Autumn blowing in).
you are full of good ideas :smile: medicinal beer must be the best beer
as for route i am leaving northants and heading north 140 mile /day supported up the east coast carrying nothing till i get to jog -then i get my nice lovely light shiny bike taken off me - all the kit i think i will need stuffed in me bags on my boneshaker and have the pleasure of seeing my lift home drive off - from there i dont really want to over plan anything - i biked up the west coast a few years ago and loved it but didnt have time to enjoy it so even if i meander along the top then down lefthand side and run out of time then maybe i will have to catch the train nearer to home - will look at warmshowers.org and you never know i may see you about plan at the min is kick off june 6 so should be jog tues leaving me 7-8 days to enjoy

Top Bottom