scott usa road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S-Express

so, give us a clue - which bearings are you referring to - wheels, BB, headset...??

S-Express

This is a bit like pulling teeth, only harder.

Mate, nobody on here is psychic. Why not tell us precisely which model of Scott you have, and the year. Do that, or this will turn into yet another comedy thread.

OP
OP
TAV

TAV

Guru
I said on the top its a scott usa i thought there was only one model ive put this threat out hoping someone has one and has changed their headset bearings and new which one they used. If you dont know dont answer to the thread im not surè to the year i think its from the 90s .

OP
OP
TAV

TAV

Guru
$_86-1.jpg

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
It's a standard 1. 1/8" headset. Replacing the bearings is easy, but first you need to know the make and model of the set. It should be printed on it or take the old bearings to a bike shop so you get the correct replacements.

As for removal and refitting, I could easily explain the process but for clarity the best bet is to watch one of the many videos on You tube which will walk you through it. It is a straightforward job requiring at the most a couple of Allen keys.

Nice looking bike, BTW.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TAV

TAV

Guru
i got the bearings out earlier with a screwdiver they were in there solid when i pulled them out all the little bearings went everywhere and the cups had no writing or anything on them. They had two red covers over them.

sgl5gjr

Might be useful to know if it has generic headset or branded like FSA/Cane Creek etc ....when you go to the LBS as it's often helpful
I had a Look 595 in last week...with FSA headset..... Look wanted lots of ££'s for the bearings.... FSA ones were 1/3 of the price

Top Bottom