Scottish Bike Show (27th - 28th April)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zizou

Veteran
You having a shot at riding on the velodrome while there?

Rasmus

Without a clever title
I'll be going on Sunday morning. Still got a free ticket from the canceled sportive...

I would encourage anyone going to have a go at the velodrome if possible.

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Never got the chance to try out the velodrome cause we turned up around 3ish can anybody explain to me how the training sessions work and how long the wait is?

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Never got the chance to try out the velodrome cause we turned up around 3ish can anybody explain to me how the training sessions work and how long the wait is?
There's a form on the website.

Once you get your login details, you should phone up and book accred 1+2 on the same evening (you can't do that on the website). I checked the system just now, and there is zero waiting time for the Tuesday evening sessions.

I spent a couple of hours at the bike show in the morning. Got myself signed up for the Pedal for Scotland sportive with a discount, and picked up a massive freebie pack from High5 - I sometimes struggle to understand how those guys run a profit, considering the amount of free stuff they seem to hand out.

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
There's a form on the website.

Once you get your login details, you should phone up and book accred 1+2 on the same evening (you can't do that on the website). I checked the system just now, and there is zero waiting time for the Tuesday evening sessions.

I spent a couple of hours at the bike show in the morning. Got myself signed up for the Pedal for Scotland sportive with a discount, and picked up a massive freebie pack from High5 - I sometimes struggle to understand how those guys run a profit, considering the amount of free stuff they seem to hand out.

I bought recovery drink from CNP and he threw in about £12 worth of gels and bars, his advice and knowledge really helped me and there was no 'hard' sell, bought some tablets from High5 but they never even tried to speak to me, guessing you are doing the longer PFS Sportive?

Get In The Van

Col I would second phoning up and booking, the online booking form (for me anyway) seems to state that every session I apply for is restricted. Spoke to some other folk and they've had the same problem
Hopefully get in to do my 1+2 in May

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Not tried to book anything yet but it's showing session 1 is 11am every Saturday, so thinking about trying session 1 & 2 on the 11th may

Top Bottom