Scottish West Coast Charity Ride for the RNLI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rlt

I shall be riding nearly 700 miles along the Scottish western and northern coasts on my Scorpion fs recumbent trike in late May, my first major tour in over twenty years, and using it to raise money for the RNLI... Although I've planned it carefully, nonetheless I'd appreciate hints and tips from anyone who has cycled up there recently. I'm expecting quiet, narrow roads and plenty of open spaces...

A friend has very kindly set up a website for me, please have a look and let me know what you think.

Donations for the RNLI are of course gratefully received too!

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Huummm interesting Lycra, what that about a Man with midlife crisis? :becool: If your lucky there shouldn't be too many midgies about, best take "skin so soft" or DEET (or both) just in case. Good luck!!

toroddf

How is that Applecross peninsula fra Torridon along the coast and over the Cattle Pass, Kirstie ? I am doing it in 9 weeks time.

toroddf

Something to challenge the east coast of the Kintyre peninsula in other words as the hardest road in Scotland. Yes, I will enjoy this.

toroddf

I believe you are right. The Harry Henniker book talks about a road bereft of any piece of flat tarmac. The full north-west coast (including that road) is something I will do in two years time. Seems fun.

I'm on my way to that area atm.
Sould get there in around 3-4 weeks time, it all depends on how long it take me to cycle up from Derby.

Luck ....... ;)

toroddf

I had a look at Google Earth and I am afraid Kirstie is spot on. But we already knew that.
My own route over Applecross looks severe tasty. 8 weeks left......... counting down the hours.

Top Bottom