Scout In The Mud

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This YouTube clip came to my attention recently

I knew that the Skoda Octavia Scout & Volvo XC70 were good in snow (allowing for the Laws of Physics to still reign), but it seems surprising just how far a standard looking car can get!!

I'll assume that they're on standard tyres too?, it goes to show how much difference in traction a good 4-wheel drive system works

In this case, the rear wheels are doing far more than just supporting the weight of the car

I know that I want the standard 4x4 estate (as a 140BHP Tdi), when time comes to replace my Octavia, but the Scout could be up there too

I don't know of any YAS staff have treated theirs like this, as Yorkshire Ambulance Service, use them as Fast Response cars, for their all-weather capabilities

[QUOTE 4034943, member: 76"]The driving in that clip is rubbish. They were trundling slowly into a big muddy ditch, then got stuck....what a surprise! They should have hit it about 75, full beans, then the bounced straight through, easy :becool:[/QUOTE]
Like an American, in other words?

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
[QUOTE 4034943, member: 76"]The driving in that clip is rubbish. They were trundling slowly into a big muddy ditch, then got stuck....what a surprise! They should have hit it about 75, full beans, then the bounced straight through, easy :becool:[/QUOTE]
One of my redneck mates tried that years ago when he encountered a small ford. The water from the ford gushed into the air intake and wrote off the diesel engine. It wasn't his vehicle, and the owner was not very pleased.

Top Bottom